Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am looking for a driver.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi aquaria.

I see you're looking for a driver for CIF single chip. I found another discussion that relates to this very topic and have included a link to the post here.

If this doesn't help, please write back and let me know. I'll need to know your computer and webcam information to help you locate the driver you need.

I hope this helps. 🙂

-- Chauntain

I work on behalf of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Click the KUDOS THUMBS UP on the left to say “Thanks” for helping! .
HP Recommended

Here is the best link available for your Webcam.

I have tested this and the driver software by Arc works flawlessly and even installs the drivers for the webcam.

Click "Specifications Tab" and the driver is located there.

This driver also works for Windows 8 ... I haven't tested it on Windows 8.1...

Enjoy!

HP AVC0101LA 0.1 MP Effective Pixels 30 fps USB WebCam

HP Recommended

The links I found here did not work for me.  But the following driver I was able to install, and my generic HP webcam finally began working.

I was finally able to install a CIF single chip webcam driver for my generic HP webcam. It took two days, but I was able to find a driver at the following site:
http://www.driverscape.com/download/cif-single-chip
I used driver version 1.0.4.15, dated: Release Date: 2009-04-30.
The first driver installer is for their own driver updater, which works if you purchase/register their software; which I did not do. It took a couple of minutes for my Windows XP Pro SP3, to install and detect, but after a couple of minutes, I was able to see the imaging device in Device Manager. The driver comes as a zip file, so make sure you have an unzip software program, like 7Zip, WinZip, or PK-unzip. My WOT extension in Seamonkey, shows driverscape as a good site and I malware scanned the zip file before unzipping and installing; I checked with Malwarebyte's MBAM and Avast!
I hope this helps somebody. I looked at two dozen various cif webcam drivers, sites, etc, and nothing worked; but this driver from driver scape finally worked!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.