Question

Honor Student
RexRemus
Message 1 of 5 (541 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP/Compaq Nash - GL8E motherboard drivers

I need HP/Compaq Nash - GL8E motherboard drivers, a.k.a MSI MS-7225. I've searched the entire interwebs and have had no luck at all. I need chipset, audio, and NIC drivers for WinXP 64bit. I also need a BIOS update.

Neither HP nor MSI really have any information that this board exists. I found a manual for it on HP's website, which was useless.

I really need these, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Honor Student
urn357
Message 2 of 5 (480 Views)

Re: HP/Compaq Nash - GL8E motherboard drivers

You and me both partner.  I just bought this motherboard to replace a Hp /Compaq  presario cq5500y desktop board that was ridiculously high to get a matching stock motherboard for.  Amazingly the operating system still boots fine without doing a reinstall of Windows 7, but it takes forever to load so I am going to reformat and reinstall anyway. 

So, I need the drivers!  Does this motherboard not come with some specific model of Hp/Compaq desktop?  I've been searchign everywhere also.

Top Student
williamkelley07
Message 3 of 5 (406 Views)

i purchased the ms-7225 mb some time ago. i found the drivers. here is the link guys and gals. you can thank me later..

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=32369...

Top Student
williamkelley07
Message 4 of 5 (400 Views)

try my link below. the way i got my drivers to work? i'm running win7 64bit, i went into the device manager once the lan drivers were up / running and let the wizard auto search for driver updates to each component in the device manager..i never found a bios update though. everytime i boot up, i have to press f1 to continue but it's not really that hard to hit f1, so..

Honor Student
RexRemus
Message 5 of 5 (348 Views)

Yeah, thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation