Question

Honor Student
RedBarchetta
Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

HP E5500G Switch Series

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I am not familar much with the 3COM/HP suite of switches and have a new requirement and hence the post....

The site in question has a mixture of 3COM and Cisco switches and all devices are configured in the same VLAN - not a good design practice I know, but the site as grown with little considersation.

I have a requirement to be able to collect data which is seen across all ports of the 3COM which is then uplinked to a Cisco switch via the fibre connection to where the collector resides. Had all the switches been Cisco, I would have implemented RSPAN but on the 3COM the setting is PORT MIRRORING.

Would someone be able to provide how I would go about setting the 3COM to send such traffic via the uplink port (Gi1/0/52)?

If a sechmatic helps please let know and I will knock one up.

Thanks,

Red.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: HP E5500G Switch Series

Hi, Red:

I suggest you also copy and paste your post to the HP Business Support Forum -- Procurve Switches section.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProCurve-ProVision-Based/bd-p/switching-e-series-forum#.UsWPLul3u9I

Paul

Honor Student
RedBarchetta
Message 3 of 3 (156 Views)

Re: HP E5500G Switch Series

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation