HP Mini won't boot up. (121 Views)
Student
PPBlake
Message 1 of 2 (121 Views)

HP Mini won't boot up.

HP Mini will not boot up.

Message is:

Boot device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk <3FO>

F2 Diagnostics

PhD Student
Wally_R
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

Re: HP Mini won't boot up.

Hi PPBlake,

Took a look around to see if there was any information on that error, and found a few things for you. Most of the steps are for Vista and Windows 7 - if you have a different OS loaded on that Mini, please post back anytime to let me know.

Quote from "Testing for Hardware Failures":  3F0: This indicates a potential problem with the hard drive. Please run the hard drive test.  See Testing a Hard Disk from the BIOS for more information.

I also found this link, it might help as well: Resolve Boot Device not Found Error Message

Good luck, and let me know how it goes :smileyhappy:

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the left, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation