Question

Honor Student
CarolEM
Message 1 of 7 (2,771 Views)

HP Optical Mouse Product # VK479AA stopped working

Hi-

Have the HP Optical Mouse Product #VK479AA and have used it for awhile but it stopped working. Thought it was the battery but changed it. Using it on my laptop which is running Windows XP and connect to it thru the USB port. I tried unplugging the usb and reconnecting it and clicking and holding the connect button on the bottom of the mouse the the one on the top of the usb thing. When i hold down the one on the bottom on the mouse it starts flashing red. Still not working. Also tried re-booting the computer. Any ideas of what i can do to fix it?

thanks for any responses :smileyhappy:

Student
pbalog
Message 2 of 7 (2,612 Views)

Re: HP Optical Mouse Product # VK479AA stopped working

My mouse too...after i used 5 day suddenly its stopped working, only little movements happened in every fex seconds. I tried on another PC too, but was same. I tried everything (battery, connect buttonst, drivers, etc.). After i tried to move closer the mouse to the receiver its start to work (!) aprox. in 20cm from it, but the opposite side of my notebook its dead. Strange, maybe its  related with the signal strength. After that I change the original battery (Energizer) to an rechargable battery, and its work fine! Sucks, the green light not warned me to battery was low ("the green LED scroll wheel illumination indicator lets you adjust sensitivity and warns of low battery" - via: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ie/en/ho/WF06c/A1-329290-69998-329251-329251-5140234-3998844.html)

Intern
Malgwin
Message 3 of 7 (2,609 Views)

Have you guys had any problems with double clicking if a button is held down at all?

On this thread we are struggling majorly and wondered if you have the same problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-HP-Consumer-Products-and/Holding-down-mouse-button-sends-repeated...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Student
SimonC194
Message 4 of 7 (1,911 Views)

I have the same optical mouse Product code VK479AA, and the same problem......just stopped working. Thought it was the battery, changed battery, still have the same problem. I'm using WIN7, and device manager says the device is working properly. Tried reconnecting the device (using the Connect/binding buttons) but seems like either the mouse is not transmitting, or the USB dongle is not receiving any longer.

Having read the forum posts, it seems HP aren't very good at customer support. I haven't seen a single official response from HP . Extremely poor considering this is an official forum!! :smileysad:(

I've also had the double click issue ever since I've had the mouse, which is rather annoying at times especially whether you want to highlight something or select an area in a spreadsheet.

Given the feedback I've seen so far, I think I'll be reluctant to purchase another HP product.
Student
HennyStegeman
Message 5 of 7 (840 Views)

My 2 HP Optical Mouses Product # VK479AA stopped working.

HP changed them for new ones, but now, a few month later, they both stopped again. The usb dongels are recognised and installed, but it is impossibel to get an connection between the dongles and the mouses.

Very bad product. This way it cost a lot of money and time for nothing.

Henny

Honor Student
CarolEM
Message 6 of 7 (837 Views)

Now using Logitech M310, works great! I little more $$ but worth it!

Intern
Malgwin
Message 7 of 7 (823 Views)

I've been using a Logitech mouse ever since I gave up using this shower of a company and never looked back. Does exactly what it said on the box and never let me down once.

That's quality for you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation