Question

Tutor
JamesWilliams
Message 1 of 4 (225 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Prime: How to Do Curl

I am trying to use the curl function on the Prime. The syntax given on p. 327 of the User Guide is

• curl([Expr1, Expr2, ..., ExprN], [Var1,Var2, ..., VarN])

and it gives the example

• curl([2*x*y,x*z,y*z],[x,y,z]) returns [z-x,0,z-2*x]

Notice that the syntax is a comma-separted list of expressions inside square brackets, followed by a comma, followed by a comma-separated list of variables. But when I try to enter the left brackets, the calculator inserts the matrix template, and I'm not able to enter the comma-separated lists. What is the exact key sequence to enter this example? Thanks.

Master's Graduate
BartdB
Message 2 of 4 (212 Views)

Re: HP Prime: How to Do Curl

Hi,

This is indeed odd. However, it can still be used by entering data in the top row only:

prime_curl.png

HTH

Message 3 of 4 (204 Views)

Yes, that's ugly, but it works. Thanks. I figured out that these also work:

1. Switch from textbook entry to algebraic entry. Then you can enter the example exactly as in the User Guide, including the commas.

2. Use braces. Those work, too, but I'm not sure if you're supposed to use braces for that.

Master's Graduate
BartdB
Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)

Yes, that works too, thanks for mentioning.

By the way, there is a new firmware version available (5447, your calcutor was probably shipped with 5106). Update the Connectivity Kit on the PC (use "Check for updates") and then connect and update the calculator.

Happy calculating.