Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I would like to be able to specify constraints for both graphing a function and solving a function. Let's look at graphing first. For example, I would like to plot sin(x) over a specific interval such as negative pi halves to positive pi halves. On a TI nSpire the vertical bar is used as the symbol for doing this sort of thing - sin(x)|-pi/2 < x < pi/2; where pi would actually be the pi symbol.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if there is another way to do this, but using the case template would work.  0/0 makes the function undefined outside of the -pi/2 to pi/2 bounds.  If you want, after the template is entered, the function can be edited and the "0/0" can be removed.

Screenshot_2015-05-28-21-04-15-1.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if there is another way to do this, but using the case template would work.  0/0 makes the function undefined outside of the -pi/2 to pi/2 bounds.  If you want, after the template is entered, the function can be edited and the "0/0" can be removed.

Screenshot_2015-05-28-21-04-15-1.png

HP Recommended

Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you!! However, I do not seem to be able to find the case template. I tried just typing "if" by the calculator assumes I want to multiply the letters i and f.

HP Recommended

I have to get new glasses! The if and case template is in the template pallet! I was not seeing the word if between the boxes and thought this template was for matricies.

HP Recommended

The case/piecewise template is the 5th one on the top row of templates (the templates key is the key that the letter 'C' is on).  

Also, you can get help for some templates if you switch to algebraic entry instead of textbook entry (in the home settings screen under 'entry'), then select the template to start filling it out and press the 'help' key.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.