Question

Student
bashme
Message 1 of 11 (5,993 Views)

HP Quality Center 10.00 Manual Runner window not visible?

Firstly, excuse me if i am in the wrong forum.

Using HP Quality Center 10.00, when i select Run, to run a test, the Manual Runner window does not appear? But you can see it sat on the Taskbar? And if i right-click on it, i have only two options - Move, Size. There is no Maximize option?Where is the Manual Runner window?

I have uninstalled the program and installed the explorer version, but still the same problem exists.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bashme

Honor Student
nmailey
Message 2 of 11 (5,951 Views)

Re: HP Quality Center 10.00 Manual Runner window not visible?

One of our people is experiencing this exact same issue.

bashme, I'll re-post back here if I find the solution. Please do the same, if nobody responds here. Thanks.

Honor Student
nmailey
Message 3 of 11 (5,945 Views)

Hi there, bashme.

As per the following forum conversation...

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1300301906018+28353475&...

I removed the user, and re-added them. This took care of the problem.

Please let me know if you find any alternative solutions.

Student
nathanielcoyle
Message 4 of 11 (5,652 Views)

I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to add what I found as the problem.  Somehow, the coordinates for the Manual Run window have been stored with a negative value.  The two SQL queries below will display the coordinates for the Maunal Run window for the supplied user.  Simply update the values with non-negative values (I copy the values from a known good user) and that should take care of it.

select * from common_settings

where cset_owner = 'USERNAME'
and cset_category = 'MunRunsFormFrm'
and cset_name = 'frm_man_run'

select * from common_settings
where cset_owner = 'USERNAME'
and cset_category = 'TestInstancesFrm'
and cset_name = 'frm_man_run'

Student
kcalmy
Message 5 of 11 (4,639 Views)

This issue is usually due to having multiple monitors, particularly when used with a laptop where the configuration can frequently change. For example, when at one location, the display settings are such that the laptop is on the left and the secondary monitor is on the right, but at another, the laptop is on the right and the secondary monitor on the left. Applications remember where windows were when last opened, so if the monitors are not configured in the expected order, the window may be "invisible" when next opened. What is actually happening is described in nathanielcoyle's response regarding the coordinates of the window.

The solution is to go to the Display settings under Control Panel and reverse the order of the monitors. It may alternately help to change which monitor is considered the main display (this is just a theoretical guess). If you use dual monitors at work but only have one (your laptop) at home, you're pretty much hosed until you get back to work or find another monitor to plug in. That is, of course, unless you happen to have your QC administrator on speed dial to implement nmailey's solution.

Preventive measure: Always bring windows back into your main display before closing them.

Student
EnragedFlamingo
Message 6 of 11 (4,112 Views)

Easiest way is to use the move for the tab.

When i tried this fiirst time the mouse was pinned to the edge of the screen but if you right click on the taskbar, hit m on your keyboard then use the arrow keys it will snap to your mouse.  Simple and you dont need to be an admin to do it either

Student
AdManTheLabRat
Message 7 of 11 (2,812 Views)

Had our TD Admin (QC Admin, ALM Admin) Delete my User name and re-add me back to Users and Groups.  This immediately resolved the issue.  Interestingly enough I had just moved to another building and repositioned my laptop's secondary monitor (before it was on the right of the primary and now it is above the primary).

THANK YOU!

AHW

Student
Dillonbat
Message 8 of 11 (2,604 Views)

I had this problem because I typically use two monitors at work a friend and coworker helped out. When switching to one monitor there is a bug in QC and hopefully this will fix it. 

Click the manual runner icon in taskbar 

1. Click on the Manual Runner Icon once.
2. Hold down the “Windows Key” on your key board and tap the “Up Arrow”
3. Fixed.
Honor Student
AleMaxX
Message 9 of 11 (2,489 Views)

Great solution. It helped to resolve the same issue on  Windows 7 and HP ALM 11.00.

Thanks a lot for sharing it :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
AleMaxX
Message 10 of 11 (2,488 Views)

Just adding what helped me:

Click the manual runner icon in taskbar 

1. Click on the Manual Runner Icon once.
2. Hold down the “Windows Key” on your key board and tap the “Up Arrow”
3. Fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation