Question

Honor Student
Link4000z
Message 1 of 5 (724 Views)

HP SimpleSave drivers?

[ Edited ]

Hello!  I've had an old HP SimpleSave for about 3 years now.  It's the 1TB harddrive version.  I pulled it out recently and have been trying to connect it to my computer, but my computer does not recognize it at all.  I've looked in administrative tools and everything, but it still acts as if nothing else is connected to my PC.

I've tried to plug it in on multiple computers and I get the same problem leading me to believe that the hard drive might just be faulty or perhaps the USB cable isn't working.  However, I wanted to try to install the drivers to my computer and see if it would make any difference.  I just can't find any of the drivers online.  Are the driver's even online at all.

The product number for the HP SimpleSave I have is HPBAAD0010HBK-00

Thank you for the help!

Top Student
tmurguia
Message 2 of 5 (283 Views)

Re: HP SimpleSave drivers?

I have the exact same product.  I am trying to install it on my new computer with windows 8.  Any suggestions on which driver should I use?

Honor Student
Hudson_Meister
Message 3 of 5 (195 Views)

I am having the same problem.  My SimpleSave drive worked fine until I recently connected it to a new laptop.  This is the first time that I have tried to use it with Windows 8.  The computer doesn't see it at all.  The drive is powered on and connected properly.  The USB cable is good.  The USB port sees other ext HDDs, etc. I have gone to drive management and device manager, but the SimpleSave drive doesn't show up anywhere.  

I know the drivers and software are included on the drive, but what is preventing Windows 8 from finding the drivers and installing them?  I have seen this question asked half a dozen different times in different threads, but no one correctly answers the issue.  It is not a broken drive, faulty connection issue.  It is simply not working with Windows 8!

What to do?!?!  And, thanks in advance!

Honor Student
Link4000z
Message 4 of 5 (183 Views)

Don't bother. I posted this over a year ago and never got an answer even though others are clearly having the same issue. HP clearly doesn't care about their customers.

I bought a new Seagate harddrive and it works much better. I'll never buy an HP product again.

Sorry for the bad news, but after a year of no response, I'm a little irritated. Good luck to you!
Honor Student
Hudson_Meister
Message 5 of 5 (173 Views)

Hi Link4000z,

Anytime there is a lack of support FAQs and articles on a website, but instead only a user forum with no company representatives (moderators) helping to answer unanswered threads, it shows their lack of interest in supporting their customers.  I'm not happy with HP's service either.  

I recently bought an HP laptop, and just over a year after I bought it, it started falling apart.  First the touchpad stopped working correctly.  Then the cooling fan went out, causing the computer to shut down to prevent overheating.  I had a repair shop fix the fan.  As soon as I got it back, the internal HDD failed.  Back to the repair shop.  After installing a new HDD, I got it back.  The keyboard went out days later!  I now put the computer where it should have gone in the first place- the trash.  I have owned many laptops before this one:  Toshibas, Dells, Compaqs, etc.  None of them ever had this many problems, and they all lasted 2 or 3 years before I replaced them with newer ones simply because I needed to upgrade due to being out of date.

That was the first HP laptop I had ever bought, and it will be the last one.  Now I have owned other HP products and had no problems with them:  external HDDs, printers, etc.  The first problem was the horrible experience I had with my first HP laptop.  So then, I had to buy a new laptop 2 weeks ago (NOT an HP!), with Windows 8 running on it, and my HP SimpleSave refuses to work with it!  That in itself, wasn't the end of the world.  But now I find out there are no updated drivers that fix the problem.  There are no KB articles to explain a fix, and on HP's customer forum, many customers have stated that they've experienced this and other similar problems with this unit, yet there is not an answer from HP for any of these customers of theirs.  Wow!  Yes, I am frustrated with HP, and will likely never buy another of their products in the future, with the possible exception of their printers, as I have always enjoyed the quality of their printers, including my current HP LaserJet Pro 200 color unit, which has been a fantastic value.

So, I have now figured out the simple solution for my problem:  I will continue to use the SimpleSave with another computer that is not running Windows 8.  Once all of my computers have Windows 8, and if HP still doesn't have a fix for this problem, I will throw the drive away.  For my laptop with Windows 8, I will buy a more portable unit with USB 3.0, made by a different company of course!

And of course, a big thanks to HP for their "tremendous" customer support forum! (Sarcasm intended.)

:smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation