HP SimpleSave md1000h external hard drive installation (10143 Views)
Student
Kaikuro
Message 1 of 4 (10,143 Views)

HP SimpleSave md1000h external hard drive installation

[ Edited ]

I purchased this a couple days ago, and right not, I'm trying to get it working.  It's currently not working at all.
I followed the instructions, which were quite literally

"Plug A/C into here and wall and plug USB into here and computer", and it's still not working.  It's driving me insane, considering how deceptively simple these instructions are. 

Do I have to turn off my computer before I actually do all of this?  And if so, I feel like a major idiot. 
NOTE:
I'm not tech-savvy at all.  Please use the most simple terms you can. 

edit:
It's the 1TB version. 

Student
maceofblades
Message 2 of 4 (9,259 Views)

Re: HP SimpleSave md1000h external hard drive installation

I am having the same problem, and it asks like my computer is updating the drivers and it can't find anything for it please help before I return it and give it a **bleep** review.

Grad Student
Cooper56
Message 3 of 4 (9,247 Views)

Re: HP SimpleSave md1000h external hard drive installation

maceofblades

See if this information helps you to establish a connection and or resolves your problem. I know I may be directing you to a site you may have already explored but it's a good starting point. You could also reinstall the software by going to this link and downloading the software for your simple save. Best Regards.

I work for HP. When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
Student
naseeaansari
Message 4 of 4 (7,213 Views)

Re: HP SimpleSave mammoth external hard drive installation

i want to download and install a fresh copy of HP SimpleSave. mine gets hung up and does not fnish backing up my files. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation