Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP SimpeSave won't load

HP Recommended

Mine is still not working.. i have tried downloading the new software..but i am not able to unzip it in the HP drive...pls KIndly help

HP Recommended

I've been using my HP SimpleSave hard drive for at least 2 years and now my HP G71 Notebook computer does not recognize that my SimpleSave is plugged in even though its light is on.  SimpleSave is loaded with information, but it is now useless on my HP Notebook.  However, that same SimpleSave hard drive is recognized by both of my HP Pavilion desktop computers.

HP Recommended

I have the answer to this problem now. I just called the HP Support for SimpleSave and agent told me to plug into my other USB port on my HP Notebook computer. It worked this time; I think I tried that before, but it worked fine this time. I can hardly believe it was that simple! 🙂

HP Recommended

Please help me, I have the same problem, Did you find a solution?

HP Recommended

I too need the software to reinstate autostart etc. I have the 640 version. Link provided previously is not working and these are not listed in the driver / support section of hp website

Can someone post or send the file possibly?

Thanks

HP Recommended

NEED TO KNOW THE STEOS TO OPEN MY SIMPLESAVE

HP Recommended

Not sure if this will help, but mine was working fine on my desktop and my tablet be would not work on my laptop with Windows 10. I spent hours trying to download drivers (support said there were none for this product anymore - I guess it's too old?) I searched everywhere, asked everyone. Lots of people had the same problem but no one knew how to fix it. So finally I just sat here for a few hours clicking stuff on my computer at random and BOOM, I finally got it to work. It was really simple once I knew what to do.

Here's how I fixed it:

I went to Settings>Devices Bloothooth Printer Moose>Connected Devices>

scroll to bottom of page where it says "Related Settings" and click on: 

Devices and Printers

A new window will open, showing everything plugged into a USP port

There should be one that says "Exteral HDD" right click it, then click on 

"Browse files"

It'll give 2 options:

HP Launcher

HP SimpleSave

Click on:

HP SimpleSave

Now go to address bar, go up one to "This PC"

Right click on "Pin to Start" 

and also "Pin to Quick Access"

If the reason your's wouldn't open was the same as mine, then you should now be able to open it.

Hope that helps!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.