HP Solution Center is installed but keeps trying to install again. (117794 Views)
Student
keukakeith
Message 11 of 35 (13,354 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center is installed but keeps trying to install again.

My Solution Center has worked for years but now won't due to this nagging Install problem. Like most people I no longer can find the original disk. Can I just install it from a web site somewhere? I had to uninstall it to get the startup problem to stop but of course now I can't use it. I just want to know how to install the correct SW from the web...and do I need to uninstall any or all of the other printer modules that we hooked into it? Or just the main solution center SW?

Student
jaynoah
Message 12 of 35 (10,422 Views)

Student
Scott2learn
Message 13 of 35 (8,862 Views)

I have had the same problem.  I have removed HP Solution Centre 12.  The CD I have only has the basic printer support  Where can I download HP Solution Center 12 or get a CD?

Student
gardengirlpsl
Message 14 of 35 (8,635 Views)

everytime I do something that uses the Solution center, it comes up with a couple of dialog boxes asking to insert the install disk and install the software. I click cancel on all of the boxes but it happens everytime i logon to my computer its annoying

JTA Tutor
Tutor
JTA
Message 15 of 35 (8,566 Views)

OK, It is almost two years since I posted the original message. 57,000 viewings. As far as I can tell the problem still is un-resolved, but somehow I got the message of my computer temporarily, but it occasionally comes back. When that happens, I use recover system settings from the windows backup system to remove the latest Windows Update (a restore point is generated before every Windows Update). That removes the message. then I re-install the Windows update that I removed and everything works fine for a month or two.

Intern
hahayou
Message 16 of 35 (8,558 Views)

Student
tanekray
Message 17 of 35 (8,508 Views)

I had same problem for new OfficeJet 7000 printer installation on Vista. Found a solution for 'Solution Center prompting for disk when launched or during a pc reboot' at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77737-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Works fine.
:smileyhappy:

Student
k2tdbui
Message 18 of 35 (7,083 Views)

HP Solution Center is installed but keeps trying to install again on Windows 7

Ok... have been dealing with this for almost a year for my C4700 series printer. Read all the posts I can find.  I have install and re-installed the printer drivers along with all the patches and upgrades I can find.  Nothing works.

Every few days, the HP solution center tries to install again.  Now I am clicking on the deny button but it is annoying.  When I use to do this, the HP solution center stops working and I would have to wait until the next time it wants to install for it to get fixed..  Recently it will continue to work even if I deny the install. Never sure when HP Solutions will work or not. 

I am tired of all the useless links HP sends me.  It is all for outdated stuff that does not work.  I am about to buy a different printer just to get rid of HP Solution Center.  My printer is great but the Solution Center progam is a pain.  Please please give me a solution that works!

Student
gd-cy
Message 19 of 35 (6,865 Views)

SPOT ON!

Anyway, have noticed that every time adobe flash is updated, printer asks me to install solution centre.

Student
pwall2
Message 20 of 35 (6,227 Views)

window installer keeps trying to install x 3 on ever start up window 7 prem.

help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation