Question

Student
decimic
Message 1 of 3 (1,414 Views)

HP Update does not run

[ Edited ]

I can run the installer fine, and I can even use the "launch this program" option and HP Update will run.

However, when I go through the start menu to start it, it give me an error message:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and I even tried to use the Windows Installer Clean Up tool, and I still get this error.

I am using Windows Vista Service Pack 2.

Top Student
rhds1
Message 2 of 3 (1,397 Views)

Re: HP Update does not run

I have a similar problem, but with Window7.  The problem was present with Home Premium that came on the e9270f  PC and it is still present after upgrading to Windows 7 Pro (not for this issue).  The app that crashes is HPMSDVD.exe.  It is usually followed by BTBHost.exe.  This is seem in the "HP Support Assistant" during the download or install of an update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Honor Student
dg14u
Message 3 of 3 (940 Views)

Re: HP Update does not run

can giving the executable administrator permissions help solve the issue? right-click, properties, compatibility, check the box to run as administrator, and then OK. location of executable was in title of window, picture posted in your post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation