Question

Student
Zhanna
Message 11 of 19 (1,519 Views)

Re: HP Webcam HD-4110 Problems

I bought HD-4110 webcam and installed it. The camera working for sometime and half hour later stops. After restarting of the computer camera works again, but again shortly. I have Windows 8 on my computer.

What should I do to make it work constantly?

Honor Student
ratage
Message 12 of 19 (1,511 Views)

I contactedHP support, and after being transfered 5 times, got to the acceassories department (that is a lesson that can be learned me the hard way, and everyone else by my mistake).  Here i spoke with a service rep that took my info, the S/N of the cmera, and warrantied it.  They shipped me a new HD-4310.  I plugged this one in, ran the software, and now have an even better cmamera than before.  They seemed to be aware of the issues the 4110 has and were eager to make me happy.  

If you have problems with this cam, call support.  Be ready to be on the phone for 30-45 minutes, but its worth it.

i am, yet again, a satisfied HP customer. 

Intern
David_H
Message 13 of 19 (1,509 Views)

The software for the 4110 is posted out on the HP support website.  For example:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=da-112018-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Hope that this helps!

Dave

(I work for HP)

I work for HP.
Tutor
leyland
Message 14 of 19 (1,409 Views)

Many thanks for telling it like it is.  My experience with HD-4110 webcam was over a year of 'support', online, on phone and on email.  The provided software and the webcam NEVER did like each other and would only work for less than minute after reboot.  And then never find itself (webcam) again.  After reading the "Reviews" on HP product page, one WONDERS how there can be so many 'wonderful' comments on this POS.  I am using an HP Windows 7 desktop with HP software and HP webcam... and as you know, that tooooo much HP i guess!

STAY away from this webcam no matter the price.  HP website says 'out of stock'...  yeah right...  they finally took it out of availability; either out of too many support issues or just plain embarrasment...  HP never admitted anything to me UNTIL it went out of warranty a few weeks ago.

good luck out there

Honor Student
mark55
Message 15 of 19 (1,386 Views)

I had te same problems with HP webcam HD-4110 - it worked only sometimes and a few minuts and switched OFF. After 2-3 month it totally stop to works.

I tryed it on my PC with 32 bits Vista and now with 64 bits Windows 8. Same result.

Yesteday it was exchanged to new camera and it's works without problems and even without installing of any software.

My conclusion is - if your webcam don't work from the start - it's probably defect!

Honor Student
RickyDLV
Message 16 of 19 (1,305 Views)

I am going on 3hrs with support and with no help thus far.

Honor Student
RickyDLV
Message 17 of 19 (1,303 Views)

almost 3 hours now on line with support with no cure to the same issues.
Student
txcatfish
Message 18 of 19 (430 Views)

I have the exact same problem with my HP 4110.  Worked for a few days then I had problems in Webex but not Skype, noticed the name change to SunplusIT.  Tried uninstalling, reinstalling (no joy), firmware update, ditto.

I should have gone with Logitec!

Tutor
leyland
Message 19 of 19 (417 Views)

Hi there, sorry to hear another story about that HP webcam... itza disaster.

You mentioned Logitech, YEP, after my struggles with the HD-4110, i purchased a Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam and let me tell you, IT ROCKS the house!  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better quality and works like a charm.

good luck out there...

leland

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation