Question

Honor Student
bembelembe
Message 1 of 6 (6,769 Views)

HP Wireless Elite Keyboard FQ480AA problems

Hi.

I have usability issue with this keyboard.

HP Wireless Elite keyboards works until you stop typing and when left for about 5 min of inactivity, the blue light on receiver turns off and you cannot access keyboard anymore.

Unplugging/replugging receiver don't work and neither pressing "connect" button underneath the keyboard.

Just removing batteries can help - but one cannot do that every time you want to type on keyboard!
The same happens with HP drivers (v 1.2.4.1) as well as with Microsoft drivers.
Tried on 2 different computers, plugged in many differend USB ports on two different systems - Windows 7 x64 and on Windows XP SP3 x32.

Can someone help me with this? I tried so many things and none can stop this keyboard not to turn off and stay that way.

Thanks.

Student
jokersmile
Message 2 of 6 (6,075 Views)

Re: HP Wireless Elite Keyboard FQ480AA problems

I have the exact same problem with the keyboard and if anyone knows how to solve that problem, please let us know.

Student
shh5455
Message 3 of 6 (5,392 Views)

I have the same problem.  Sometimes the keyboard will stop working WHILE I'm typing.  Seems pretty low quality.

Student
Av8rbum
Message 4 of 6 (4,934 Views)

I see these posts date back to December 2010.  It's February 2011 and I see no one from HP has a fix for this yet.  Anyone know how to get this keyboard to work?

Student
elaineb
Message 5 of 6 (4,723 Views)

I cannot get a battery icon or indication in the program filges.  I have changed the batteries and rebooted and reinstalled.

Please contact me when an answer arrives.

Thanks

Student
LookHere
Message 6 of 6 (1,784 Views)

I'm having the same problem. After a few months of inactivity on my keyboard. (Stored away in my closet) I reconnected, reinstalled the driver listed on this site, and reinserted new batteries. I get a signal from the Flash once its connected. It stays blue momentarily as it boots up. Indicated by the ballon pop-up on the lower-right corner of my laptop monitor. What seems to be the problem here and what can I do to have this running again?!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation