Question

Honor Student
wreckless
Message 1 of 6 (862 Views)

HP1080p Camcorder V5061u problem .....stuck in test mode screen

A short time ago I attempted to start my camcorder.V5061u and the screen is stuck in test mode.......battery is fully charged.  I could not find an answer on Google...Joe

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 6 (857 Views)

Re: HP1080p Camcorder V5061u problem .....stuck in test mode screen

[ Edited ]

With your camcorder powered on, and set to VCR / playback, it should display on the screen (viewer) something indicating "Menu" or a "FN" (Function) option. Select "Menu" (or Function icon to lead to the Menu). Check through the Menu options to find "Mode", and find the option for Normal Recording or Playback, as opposed to "Test Mode", or "Demonstration Mode".

If that does not solve the problem, try this: Turn the camera off, remove camera battery, wait a few minutes, re-install battery, turn camera on and see if that reset the camera. If not, it might be resolved by manually resetting the time and date. Then go to the Menu again to set Mode to normal recording or playback.

User Manual ; Quick Start Guide

Honor Student
wreckless
Message 3 of 6 (854 Views)

I was informed to power up .......go to vcr mode and more.......  If this didn't work remove batterey and more instructions.  Did both and nothing!  Lcd screen comes uo ONLY in test mode and only thing I can see is battery   says ng.......I would assume that it is saying no good.  I tested battery using my multimeter and voltage is correct.  Any more suggestions from anyone that has physically restored this condition...Joe

Honor Student
wreckless
Message 4 of 6 (842 Views)

UPDATE..........I called the HP help center and got to talk with a techie. I explained what was wrong.....stuck in test mode, he basically agreed with me that nothing would fix the problem.  I asked if they had a rebate program to offer a discount on another camera...reply was no!  This lets anyone with this camera and problem that there is no repair.  I will not buy another HP camera, instead going with a GoPro waterproof digital.......Thanks for at least 'guessing' how to fix..Joe

Student
Hawkwingz
Message 5 of 6 (795 Views)

So they will really do nothing for us at all? And there is no fix for this. I am very disapointed with Hp releasing this product that it seems a lot of people are having this problem with. I bought this camera a while ago and also could not get it out of test mode. This Is a big blow aginst hp in my books and if they will not help me with this problem I will not buy another Hp product again and advise everyone I know to do the same. I spent a lot of money on this and am very pissed off.

Student
DelicateFlower
Message 6 of 6 (570 Views)

I have same problem......HP sucks!!! I will never buy another HP product.....they sell junk and hang you out to dry.....camera has like 2 hours on it....and its a brick now!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation