Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

My USB flash drive is not detected or i see a Yellow Exclamation mark visible on "USB Mass Storage Device" on windows device manager. When i apply “Troubleshoot” then get  Device status : This device cannot start. (Code 10).

I'm having it just 5 months ago.

Product Name : HP v210w-32gb USB Flash Drive

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

System : Lenovo Ideapad G550 2958

please help me solve this problem.

NOTE : when first time i scan my Pen Drive (an antivirus software) then showing this problem.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello nirmlds,

An Code 10 error is a Device Manager error code displayed usually because it can't start the device due to a corrupted driver or such.

I don't know if its possible for the Virus scan to have corrupted the driver or not, but usually you can fix the problem by removing the hardware's driver and reinstalling it.

I would go back to the Device Manager and uninstall the USB Mass Storage Device with the yellow exclamation point. When you plug the pendrive back in, it will reinstall its driver again.

Sometimes it may be necessary to uninstall all the USB Mass Storage Devices including the hidden ones, which will not hurt anything if so. They will simply reinstall the next time they are plugged in as well.

Here is a video on finding and removing Hidden Drivers.

But I would just start with only the one associated with the affected pen drive.

Let me know how it works out.

HP Recommended

i have the same problem pls help i have important files in the flash drive.please help us

HP Recommended

Im also have the same problems how to fix it pls help me

HP Recommended

Did you follow the advice above?

HP Recommended

yes but it does not work pls help me

HP Recommended

With the usb drive removed, go to the Device Manger>View and enable Show HIdden Drivers.

Go to Portable Devices and delete all the greyed out devices in there.

Also go to Universal Serial Bus controllers and remove all greyed out devices in that.

Go to Disk Drives and remove any greyed out devices there.

Restart the computer.

If this does not help, does the usb drive work in other devices?

HP Recommended

it doesnt work also in other device,My class mate install my flash drive on a hp laptop after that my flash drive doesnt work

HP Recommended

OK if the flash drive does not work in other computers, then unfortunatly it has failed.

IF its under warranty, you will need to contact Support for your area.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.