Question

Student
Frank_McLeod
Message 1 of 4 (1,423 Views)

How do you change the batteries on a HP x4000 Wireless Mouse (Ruby Red) with Laser Sensor

How do you change the batteries on a HP x4000 Wireless Mouse (Ruby Red) with Laser Sensor

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (1,416 Views)

Re: How do you change the batteries on a HP x4000 Wireless Mouse (Ruby Red) with Laser Sensor

Hi,

I actually downloaded TWO pdf files from the following links and none of them help.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=Support...

Document c03088537.pdf is a very interesting one. You must know Chinese with your imagination to understand it. Finally, you can see the plastic cover from the following link and you can use 2 new AA batteries to replace them:

http://www.digitalversus.com/computer-mouse/hp-wireless-mouse-x4000-p13359/test.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Intern
jkwilborn
Message 3 of 4 (694 Views)

Re: How do you change the batteries on a HP x4000 Wireless Mouse (Ruby Red) with Laser Sensor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have this mouse, and the top comes off.  Just pick it up and put your fingernail under the 'pointed' end of the top of the mouse...  Then just pull up, this opens the mouse for batteries or storage of the wireless dongle (USB end).

I am running this on a Linux (Debian Distrabution) and it was way too fast for me.  I found a utility to modify the input interrogation to work more smoothly.  Unfortunately, HP does not document things such as "update frequency" which is used to compute the speed of the moving moused item or cursor.  Hope this isn't too much information...

Hope this helps...

Jack

Intern
jkwilborn
Message 4 of 4 (690 Views)

banhien

If you have any way to query HP about this stuff, I wish they would make the technical details of these mice accessable.  I run Linux and it way too fast.  I found a fix, but the math to compute the proper values are not availble.  Items such as the "update frequency", "Device Accel Profile" and others are needed, but I cannot locate or know whom to contact to get this information...

Thanks for whatever you can do...

Jack Wilborn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation