How to replace batteries in hp x4000 wireless mouse? (19771 Views)
Honor Student
Jethin
Message 1 of 12 (19,771 Views)

How to replace batteries in hp x4000 wireless mouse?

I brought a mouse HP X4000 and it says that  it has a battery life of 24 months but I dont see a way to remove the batteries when it dies off. I would be great if you could help me provide instructions or photos in the steps to replace the batteries and this will help me a lot.

A few of my friends likes the mouse a lot because of its smooth traction and new looks but are backing off saying that it is not possible to replace the batteries.

Could you please help me out in this matter

Regards

Jethin

Top Student
Jackrot
Message 2 of 12 (19,768 Views)

Re: How to replace batteries in hp x4000 wireless mouse?

You replace the batteries through the top of the mouse not the bottom as with most others. Please note that when you remove the cover there is another small plastic peice that holds the two AA batteries down you'll have to remove that as well to get the batteries out.

Honor Student
Jethin
Message 3 of 12 (19,765 Views)

Thanks for the response but which small plastic is removable. Im trying to remove it from the top itself. Do we need a screw driver to remove the plastic piece ?If you have a picture showing the steps it would be great
Top Student
Jackrot
Message 4 of 12 (19,761 Views)

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03088537/c03088537.pdf Look at bottom right corner in this sheet fig. a shows you where to open the mouse. After you  open the mouse there is still another peice that holds the batteries down, kinda like a little clip.

Honor Student
Jethin
Message 5 of 12 (19,759 Views)

Thanks again for the response.

The figures gave me a better picture of the things. I still have a doubt. I could see the separator that separates the 2 batteries and if I am not wrong we have to remove that piece of plastic to insert battery into the mouse

a. How do we remove the plastic ?

b. Is it simple by using our if so how ?
 Otherwise please could you suggest the method. Once that is resolved I think this will solve the problem :smileyhappy:

Regards

Jethin

Student
landsker
Message 6 of 12 (19,148 Views)

Thanks for the info: it worked for me!

Top Student
Rontazuk
Message 7 of 12 (17,151 Views)

Hi, not sure if you found your answer, i was looking and had trouble but worked it out in the end.

with the top cover off so that you can see the batteries, where the batteries disappear down into the mouse, there are 2 clips that hold in the extra plastic piece which holds the batteries in. 

I've highlighted the clips in red on the pics below.

x4000.conflict1.jpg

Hope this helps :-)

Student
equationator
Message 8 of 12 (9,653 Views)

At first it seemed like a mystery. Now that I know how to change the batteries I actually like the design.

Student
Walty
Message 9 of 12 (8,076 Views)

Jethin wrote:

I brought a mouse HP X4000 and it says that  it has a battery life of 24 months but I dont see a way to remove the batteries when it dies off. I would be great if you could help me provide instructions or photos in the steps to replace the batteries and this will help me a lot.

A few of my friends likes the mouse a lot because of its smooth traction and new looks but are backing off saying that it is not possible to replace the batteries.

Could you please help me out in this matter

Regards

Jethin

Honor Student
SaraOnTheMove
Message 10 of 12 (4,074 Views)

THANK YOU! I would have never figured that out on my own LOL! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation