Re: Hp prime (282 Views)
Honor Student
DanielCCC
Message 1 of 4 (316 Views)
Hi I just got my calculator and I realize there is no way to in put number 9. When I press 9 it jumps to numerical view. Is that expected ?
Master's Graduate
BartdB
Message 2 of 4 (282 Views)

Re: Hp prime

[ Edited ]

Hi,

This is not correct for a new calculator out-the-box. Although it is possible to re-assign different functions to keys (see p516 of the manual), this should not happen for a calculator out-the-box. This re-assignment is called "User keyboard" It can be enabled/dis-abled by pressing SHIFT-User (on Help key), an "1U" or "^U" will appear on the title bar. To dis-able press SHIFT-User again.

If this does not solve the problem, then I think you should contact your local HP support. Contact details are usually found in the Warranty booklet or on the HP site for your country in the Contact  section of the Support  web pages.

HTH

DanielCCC
Message 3 of 4 (247 Views)

It was not user keyboard. There was no program installed. There was no 1U at the corner. Pressing on 9 or num triggers both 9 and num key in all apps everywhere. And 9 and num key is not the only key confounded.

In the same way, number 1 trigger both 1 and down button; . (Dot) triggers esc and dot button, bracket triggers both bracket and help button; view button triggers view and home button, plot triggers both plot and CAS button, sym triggers both sym and menu button, app trigger app and up button.

This result is found by the F/A keyboard test in CFO mode. I'm not making these pairing issue up. Now I tried erase C and reset from CFO mode it doesn't change anything, the paired buttons are still there.
Master's Graduate
BartdB
Message 4 of 4 (238 Views)

Hi,

I am certain you are not making it up. It sounds to me like a fault that is best solved by having the calculator replaced. This is why I suggest you contact HP Calculator Support for your country.

By the way, there are some active HP Prime discussions on the following forums:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/forum.cgi

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/comp.sys.hp48

Best regards.