Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys, I can't turn off my Hp touch pad. the normal way of shut down is not working. I bought 5 days back. its a brand new, Once I keep pressing the power button it show the feature to shut down, I tried more that 10 times. the pop up screen for shutdown is not showing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To get it shut down (which you will need before starting a reinstall) you can also tap the up arrow icon in the lower right corner to open Launcher. Once it opens, go to Settings tab.Click to open 'Device Info'.At the bottom of the window click to open 'Reset Options'. 'Shut down' should be the second choice there. Hopefully that will work for you.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂

@vino_sn84 wrote:

Hi Guys, I can't turn off my Hp touch pad. the normal way of shut down is not working. I bought 5 days back. its a brand new, Once I keep pressing the power button it show the feature to shut down, I tried more that 10 times. the pop up screen for shutdown is not showing.

I suggest that you download  HP WebOS doctor and reinstall the operating system. Tether your tablet to your computer and reinstall webOS.

Here is a link to the web support portal for the HP Touchpad. Here is a link to  worldwideHP WebOS support.

Kind regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

To get it shut down (which you will need before starting a reinstall) you can also tap the up arrow icon in the lower right corner to open Launcher. Once it opens, go to Settings tab.Click to open 'Device Info'.At the bottom of the window click to open 'Reset Options'. 'Shut down' should be the second choice there. Hopefully that will work for you.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot!!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, out of nowhere.

My dv6 has an orange light at the upper left corner, you tap it twice it went off (pad ON), you tap it again twice and  it went on (pad OFF).

All of a sudden the light went off and stayed off!

After reading blogs and trying all the simple solutions I could think of, I decided to reinstall the driver for the silly thing...

Control Panel/Mouse/Hardware - Select the Pad and then hit Properties. Select the Drivers tab. If your driver is out of date or messed up like mine was, the button "Update Driver..." is clickable.

Upgrade the driver, restart the 'puter and the orange light is on or off as you want it!

Very easy solution...if that solves your problem - as it did solve it on my HP dv6 🙂

HP Recommended

message 3 of 6 works easy peasy... and afterwards it resets the on/off button to work again. thank you

HP Recommended

@boateak wrote:

message 3 of 6 works easy peasy... and afterwards it resets the on/off button to work again. thank you

@boateak

Can you please tell whose answer solved the problem for you?

By the "answerer's" name?

Thank you!

gcbakop

HP Recommended

perfect solution to the no shutdown problem !

HP Recommended

@addyjava

Just being curious (I don't win any prizes 😉

Which of the listed solutions worked for you?

If you can point to it, by the writers "name"?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi there. I do not know how to turn off my HP touchpad. Can someone enlighen me?  Thanks!  Crystalg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.