HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-12-2011 10:34 AM
We are upgrading to windows 7 and I cannot find anywhere if the HP 9100C - Digital Sender, Product number: C131XA is compatible can anyone help me we this.
06-10-2011 05:44 AM
We are facing the same issue in my company as we gonna migrate to 7 soon.
Here are the results of my investigation so far :
- The software is compatible with Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000 according to the product page but works fine on XP.
- You can install the software in Compatibility Mode
- The HP Digital Sender Service isn't install which doesn't let you configure the Linker to receive scans
It seems to be a dead end as this service is required to fully use the software. Otherwise it's useless.
I'll post an update if I find something else ...
06-10-2011 06:24 AM - edited 06-10-2011 06:30 AM
For those who still want to get the installed, as it's not available on HP website for download anymore, follow this link :
EDIT - I did not realize that you have to pay to get the driver on the website I provided.
05-07-2012 06:58 AM - edited 05-07-2012 07:01 AM
Good news: They do work under windows 7. I suggest that you do the following:
1) Update the firmware to the most recent available (at this time, I have installed ver 5.01) - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/D
2) Install the Digital sender software (Ds231-1Eng.exe) under windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. Right click on this file and change the compatibility option before installing. This will install the "Address Book Manager", "Digital Sender Link" and the "Enterprise Center". You may wish to right click on these installed programs and change the compatibility option to Windows XP SP3 also.
You may have already completed the following steps if you have installed and configured the Sender.
3) Enable Send to PC on the sender using the integrated web admin tools. This will enable a function key on the sender which will allow you to send documents to PC.
4) Make sure that you run and configure the "Digital Sender Link" program on your PC to receive the document. You must specify a folder where you wish to receive the document and enable the receive by ticking the relevant box.
5) Configure a user profile on your PC using the ABM (Address Book Manager). This will allow you to use this account to send the document to your PC.
6) Use the function key (PC) on the sender to scan and send the document. Once scanned, the document will arrive in your inbox folder on your PC specified in step 4.
Hope this helps.
05-09-2012 12:58 PM
Hi HP Wizard,
Your timing is perfect! My DS arrived today and I'm pleased to see things will work with windows 7. My issue is no the process of upgrading but that I have none of the original software - i've tried the HP site but the best they are offering is sending a CD to a US address. I'm in the UK.
Any advice please?
05-21-2012 02:39 AM
OK - here's an update on how I'm doing with this. Thanks to HPWizard, I've now got HP Enterprise v4.0 installed on my laptop. I've run the Sender Link Programme. I then attached my DS to the LAN input of my wifi broadband box. Using the wifi broadband box configuration page, I assigned the DS an IP address. I update enterprise accordingly, set up user account in Address Book Manager etc etc.
Now, when I press "PC" on the DS, I select my user name, and then scan the documents in. They appear in my chosen format in the folder specified in Sender Link. RESULT.
Now then, my DS is still on firmware 1.0. I want to be able to specify filename etc on the DS when I scan. I downloaded the 3.0 firmware upgrade but enterprise won't have it, saying I need to install it using jetadmin. I then found Jetadmin 10.2 online. That recognises the DS but, understandably, not any of the firmware files that I downloaded. (I've read somewhere that it looks for an .rfu extension). I then tried to find an earlier version of jetadmin and ended up with HP Printer Install Wizard. That won't find my DS on the network.
I can't upgrade the firmware to 5.0 without doing the 3.0 first. And I can't do the 3.0 for the above reasons.
Any ideas folks?
05-26-2012 03:56 PM
Did you try to upgrade using the web browser?
Try connecting to the integrated web server by typing ip address of the sender in the URL box of the browser.
e.g http://192.168.1.21 this will bring up the webpages through which you can configure the sender and there should be an option to upgrade the firmware.