Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I get stuck om step 4 too. Nothing I´ve tried works. 

It loads the boot file and then nothing happens. The problem is not on the client as far as I know. The server doesn´t seem to reboot after the bootfile is loaded. Occasionally I come to the point I get to choose between restore or reset but then nothing happens.It won´t load anything from the CD on the client. 

I bought a brand new WD HD but the same problem still occurs. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

this how i solved the problem with the error restore processes NOT the FACTORY DEFAULT

Take the hard drive with the OS that means the first one from the bottom, take it out and plug it in the an external computer. When the partitions pop up look for the "sys" partition. It should have something around 20 gb partition. That has the OS on it and the "DATA" is just what data your sharing with the rest of the hard drives.

DO not format the DATA only the SYS partition.

The Failure is caused by failing to format that partition. So just manually do it your self and then just pop back in to the drive bay and try the method all over again.

it should work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.