Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did a FTP firmware upgrade on a P2000 G3 FC/iSCSI SAN with the partner (controller) firmware upgrade option enabled.

The firmware version I uploaded is TS251P006-02. 

Now the system is reporting through controller A (the one I upgraded) an error as such:

I/O module A, I/O module status: The firmware version is not compatible, HP SPS-CHASSIS 2028

while controller B is unavailable and reports an IP address of 0.0.0.0. I cannot log in to controller B even through the USB serial interface: the default usernames and password do not work, and and the password I set while installing the system doesn't work either.

##       ##       ##       ##

#  #     #  #     #  #     #  #

##   #   ##   #   ##   #   ##

(none) login: admin

Password:

Login incorrect

(none) login: my_user

Password:

Login incorrect

Every few minutes the B controller gets killed and restarted by the A controller. I suppose the B controller will need to be re-flashed by HP, since it cannot recover on its own.

I need some advice on the correct firmware version to upload to controller A. Do I need to perform a downgrade?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the exact same problem.  Did you resolve this problem?

Andrew

HP Recommended

RenatoH,

You will want to ask this on the HP Enterprise Business Community which deals with servers and such. It is a separate forum.

Here is the specific area you will want to visit.

Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) - HP Enterprise Business Community

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.