Question

Honor Student
michaelhornbeek
Message 1 of 6 (2,010 Views)

Photosmart software for Windows 7

I have an HP Photosmart R967 camera and have not been able to locate the Photosmart software for Windows 7.  From the support and drivers page, the Windows 7 operating system is not listed as one in which software is provided - does anyone know a solution for uploading pics from my camera to my laptop other than buying a USB device that I can place my camera memory card into.  Thanks!

Honor Student
michaelhornbeek
Message 2 of 6 (1,998 Views)

Re: Photosmart software for Windows 7

I just had the opportunity to speak to HP support and after 115 minutes and 5 support reps...the solution that they are recommending is to buy a new camera!  Unbelievable bad advice for customer satisfaction. 

HP should not be selling laptops or PCs with Windows 7 if they are unable to provide support for their existing product line with it - they say that the incompatibility is Microsoft's fault for not providing HP with the 'necessary files' to create the Photosmart software with the older, out of warranty but still operational cameras - you need to buy a new camera instead.

There is no notification on the HP shopping page of this camera/operating system incompatibility and there is no option other than Windows 7 with this laptop.  When I suggested that they provide a memory card reader to this pissed off customer, they said that they were not empowered to provide a $2 component to resolve the issue - just to buy a new camera.  These guys are crooks.

Student
Ramilak
Message 3 of 6 (1,922 Views)

I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit) and just connected my camera (Photosmart) R967 (USB). Windows imported the files and created a subfolder (named by me) that was placed under "My Documents" - "Pictures". If my memory serves me well, it worked just as smooth on Windows 7 (32-bit).

Same procedure for my Panasonic HDC-SD100 video camera, no extra software nor card readers needed unless you'd like to edit the images.

Strange enough, Photosmart Essential is packed into the Win7 (64-bit) software for Photosmart C5180 all-in-one printer.

Good lyck :smileywink::- Ramilak

Ramilak
Student
photosmartM437
Message 4 of 6 (1,858 Views)

I have an HP M437 photosmart digital camera & have recently changed from a desktop with Windows XP to a laptop with Windows 7 operating system.  I am unable to install drivers/downloads from the CD that came with the camera.  I too called technical support after trying to find solutions myself on the HP website.

I was told the camera was old, the drivers have not been updated by HP for Windows 7 yet.  (Vista updated are done - wow!) 

I was told that I cannot use the camera & download to my PC until the drivers are updated & posted by HP on their website which should be just a couple of days from now.  I should check the website again in a couple of days. 

I was reminded that my camera is old, the software is old, and therefore HP technical resources were not allocated to update drivers for Windows 7 but now, for some reason, HP tech has been given the go ahead to spend the time to do so.  I should just wait for that to be done. 

I am doubtful that HP will deliver on this promise made today to update and post the Windows 7 capable drivers, user guide, etc. including Photo Premier which I had been able to use on my Windows XP system.

Tell me, am I wrong, HP? 

Student
richerm
Message 5 of 6 (1,769 Views)

What good is my PhotoSmart 417 if I can't download pictures to my HPE400 computer that comes with Windows 7? This camera is only 2 years old.

Student
joes81
Message 6 of 6 (1,511 Views)

I have Photosmart for windows xp what do I do I cant download disc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation