Problem with digital pic frame model df1010v2 (674 Views)
Student
williammclain
Message 1 of 5 (674 Views)

Problem with digital pic frame model df1010v2

Recently purchased HP digital frame. When frame displays slideshow, some pictures do not display. Rather an error message is displayed, "Not support" with a small circle above the message with an exclamation point within the circle. I have identified two pictures, one that displays correctly and one that produces the error message. Both images are JPEG. I can't see anything that should prevent the images from displaying correctly. I have tried the pic in another frame since we purchased four for Chrsitmas presents. Any help would be appreciated. 

Honor Student
hansonmi
Message 2 of 5 (632 Views)

Re: Problem with digital pic frame model df1010v2

same problem here. Just purchased the frame 2 days ago. I have 3 pictures that i transferred to the frame that will not display. I get the 'Not Support' message. I have tried resizing the images down to 11MP and smaller.

It doesn't make sense. All files are JPEG format. Some have long filenames others have short filenames and those don't have problems.

I take all images in RAW format and use a software package to produce the JPEG files. All files have post-processing done which is exactly the same, so i don't understand why 3 pictures will not display on this but will on anything else.

Student
papa462
Message 3 of 5 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem i thought maybe the file name was too long (wrong)

then i noticed 

"

Does the DPF support all JPEG and Motion JPEG files?

No. The DPF only supports JPEG and Motion JPEG files taken from a digital camera.
The DPF may not read all image files downloaded from the Internet or from other software graphic applications.

"   

i went back and added the meta data (using Adobe lightroom) and my files now all work.

hopefully this helps thanks for posting 

Honor Student
hansonmi
Message 4 of 5 (593 Views)

I finally got my pics to work. I had all my Pics in different folders and moved them to the root of the card... that got the frame to actually play all the pics (this was something I wasn't aware was going on until I was able to really sit down and mess with this thing). As for the 3 that I could not get to display correctly, even saving them from lightroom then resaving them using photoshop didnt work unless doing .bmp files. Then i updated lightroom from 5.2 to 5.3 and the exported jpeg files would work in the frame. Odd.

Really the only thing I did different was used lightroom 5.3 instead of 5.2 and I exported straight to the sdcard instead of to the hard drive and copying to sdcard.

So I guess I will just export straight to sdcard from now on. I really don't have the patience to figure out exactly what the deal is with this thing... At least it seems to be working... for now.
Student
unixninja
Message 5 of 5 (116 Views)

Hey papa462,

Thanks - your solution worked for me. Although most of my photos were taken with a Samsung Galaxy S4, I was getting the "not support" error only on some of them.  

I downloaded a free trial copy of Adobe Lightroom 5.4, imported all photos into it. It showed that 17 of 45 photos were from an unknown camera (these were the ones that were "not support". I copied the metadata info from the camera field from the photos that were viewable (METADATA-START), selected the 17 bad photos and clicked on "Metadata Sync". I pasted "METADATA-START" into the Camera type, then exported to my desktop. I then exported all my photos to the HP from there, and all the photos display now. 

Thanks for your help - hopefully the step-by-step is useful for someone else. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation