Scanjet 3500c compatibility with windows 8 (374 Views)
Tutor
paulri
Message 1 of 2 (374 Views)

Scanjet 3500c compatibility with windows 8

I am wondering how much longer Windows will support our Scanjet 3500c scanner. It runs on drivers from MS, on Windows 7. However, the Windows compatibility site for win7 says that it is NOT compatible (nor is it for Windows 8).

So I'm not sure if there is a driver that will let it run on Windows 8. There sure is for Windows 7.

Does anyone run this scanner on Windows 8? If so, did Windows Update/Microsoft supply the driver, like they did for Win7?

I realize this is old hardware--amazon says its been selling this unit since 2002. I'm quite happy with it and the HP printers we've owned--HP is most likely going to be the brand of our next scanner, and for sure, our next printer. I'm just wondering if I'll have to factor in a purchase of a new scanner when we upgrade our desktop, that's all.

Teacher
CassieCat07
Message 2 of 2 (363 Views)

Re: Scanjet 3500c compatibility with windows 8

Slightly off topic, but I have an fairly old Canon printer running on Windows 8. I used to use it for my Vista and Windows 7 laptops where it installed upon connection.

In March I bought a Windows 8 computer, and was disappointed when the printer was not recognised. However, I installed the Windows 7 driver from the Canon website, and it worked like a charm! I also advised my friend to do this when he upgraded his desktop to Windows 8, and it worked.

So I'd wait until you've got the new desktop to try it. If the scanner has Windows 7 drivers, they may work on Windows 8. In all cases where I've tried it, they appear to be backwards compatible.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation