Question

Top Student
mujsaj
Message 1 of 3 (1,269 Views)

Scanjet 4890 & Windows 7

I am trying to move my Scanjet 4890 from my old XP machine to my new Windows 7 (64) machine.  The software disk that came with the 4890 is not compatible with the new opperating system, apparently.  When I try to run it it says it is not compatible anyway. 

I looked up the instructions for getting drivers and software and it says (after navagating to the right page for Windows 7 (64)):  "Click the Full Feature Software and Drivers option."

The only choice I see on the page is the "Basic feature driver" ... which I believe is only drivers.

Where can I get the Full feature software and drivers?

I tried the  full feature Vista (64) drivers and software and they were also incompatible with windows 7 (64).

This HP web page:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01959300&prodT...

gives instructions for software that apparently is not available.

What next?

Student
chiarae
Message 2 of 3 (1,075 Views)

Re: Scanjet 4890 & Windows 7

New to this page and forum, but you stated my problem perfectly. The basic download gives me flatbed capability.  Film scanning  and software settings are nowhere to be found. Did you get any solution?

thanks

ed c 

Student
vernie
Message 3 of 3 (851 Views)

Re: Scanjet 4890 & Windows 7

It looks like HP has dropped the ball here with the windows 7 drivers for the scanjet 4890.  It leaves us with only basic document scanning.  My reason for buying the 4890 was the film scanning features.  When will an update be availabe?  I will not buy another HP scanner to get this feature and then have it become useless in just a few short years.  Thanks, vernie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation