HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-19-2011 12:54 PM
what will happen to all my HP products, laptops, desktops, printers, camera, etc when HP sell off the production of PC manfacturing?
Where will I get my support from, will this be like IBM did with Lenovo?
08-19-2011 01:40 PM
Please see my post here.
HP Forum Admin
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
08-20-2011 12:23 PM - edited 08-20-2011 12:24 PM
How come the price is showing on the website as $149 because of the sell out, but yet when you order the product it still prices out and charges you at $499?
08-22-2011 09:44 PM - edited 08-22-2011 09:53 PM
Uhm, I have to argue with your statements there:
"we will continue to deliver products, services and support that lead to increased customer satisfaction."
Lets take this apart one piece at a time.
- I spent 3 hours on hold.
- Was disconnected ~35 times
- Half the time the physical phone line to HP's Storefront CA was offline
- The other half the time the IVR sent me to a dead line or busy signal
- When bombarded a hundred times to press '1' to leave a voice message so an agent will 'get back to me in 24 hours', I enter a void where it constantly asks me for a Voice Mailbox Number. Pressing anything including (0) for help, goes to a 'this mailbox is full' message and/or a falt out disconnection
- Bought something that was advertised at $99 but charged $399, three times!
- Refused assistance from the HP tech after I finally got through
- Left a VM with a Manager who refused to call me back
- Been told I need to wait 6 weeks for a refund
- The only tablets I have ever purchased from you are discontinued before the ink dried on the receipts
- The only two HP laptops I have overheat in under an hour because of an inherent flaw in the placement of the FANs
- I have a set of HP laptops used at work which have terrible video card failures (scrolling lines in the image)
- I have contacted business support for all of the above laptops. None are fixed to this date.
- I have several HP 'wireless' printers, none of which stay connected and all of my systems now have multiple entries for the HP driver.
- Your website sales (a service no?) has incorrect pricing all over it... for the last 4 days.
- Your service lines are all bunged up. They hang up more often than they continue.
- Your business help line is a 2 hour wait.
- Your mailbox for a call back doesnt work.
- Your forums are fundamentally dead even though you should be the talk of the community at the moment.
- I had to teach your electrical engineers how to read EDID data for displays because they couldn't wrap their heads around video card drivers and how communication works
So, anything else you want to speak about for the Services, Support or Product lines? Maybe you want to start fixing peoples problems and refunding us the money you are overcharging us without making us wait 6 weeks? No, I didn't think so.
Now here is the experience I had with <competitor> last time I purchased
- Ordered online, price matched the price advertised
- Order arrived within the week
- Any refunds I needed were given immediately
- Service times were under 15 mins to answer
- Everyone was polite, pleasant and bent over backwards to help me.
So, where is this great continued service you speak of? You mean, you promise me you will continue to use 3 hour wait times, disconnections and an absolutely abysmal service? What a joke. Only HP can turn a great deal into an abysmally frustrating situation.
For lack of a better term, in all areas HP - Epic Fail (again). Given this recent set of experiences and the fact that HP STILL will not give me back my $900 - what do you think the chances are that this great 'deal' will make me a repeat customer? What do you think I will recommend to my friends, family, on my BLOG, Facebook account, and even around the water cooler? I have a feeling that, in the very least, this has impressed me more with how Company B treats its customers.
08-23-2011 05:44 PM - last edited on 08-23-2011 07:51 PM by SedonaF
So I have an amazingly positive update. After leaving many messages for the manager Andrew and hearing existing tablets will be dropping to 60$ at the end of the week, I was really excited that he would call me back today as promised! However great things must be happening because he was way to busy to call me back. And even better I was actually able to get through with slightly less than a 3 hour wait and just under 19 attempts with the IVR. I am so cheery I feel like the only blue smarty in the whole package.,
08-24-2011 08:04 AM
KermEd wrote:I have a feeling that, in the very least, this has impressed me more with how Company B treats its customers.
Company B.. Burroughs is the only computer maker that I could find that starts with a B, but they don't make PC's .I wonder if company B is a major electronics retailer in North America?