Question

Student
jchampine
Message 1 of 2 (4,182 Views)

Updating HP BD-2000 Firmware using flash drive

Can anyone guide me through using a flashdrive to download the firmware for my blu-ray player so I can view newer blu-ray discs?  I got the player for Christmas and have started to run into the problem where a newer disc (Harry Brown) won't play past the trailers.  My older discs work fine.  The guy at blockbuster suggested updating the firmware.  I don't have a router and the player is not connected to the internet.  I tried downloading the firmware, and following the instructions on p. 55 of the manual, but the player did not recognize the file.  When I unzip the download file it is a Roxio imag creator.  Is that the firmware file?  I tried, but I am lost.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Honor Student
JW1956
Message 2 of 2 (4,132 Views)

Re: Updating HP BD-2000 Firmware using flash drive

I have the same player and problem! I called HP and the tech e-mailed the file I needed, and when I tried it (NOthing)!

What he neglected to tell me is  that the file is an ISO file, and you need special iso burning software. What you need to do is open your browser window, type in the search (FREE ISO BURNING SOFTWARE) I used- ACTIVE ISO BURNING SOFTWARE- it is free. Download the software to your computer, istall it, then burn the file with it to a cd. Load the cd in your player and click upgrade . This will solve your problem!

PS: HP's tech support has little to be desired, they still can't figure out why I can't use the BD-Live feature while using a USB flash drive as my storage device. I was forced to give up!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation