Message 1 of 4 (4,353 Views)

Why does my printe say "used supply in use/:

why does my printer say used supply in use?  And I can't print anything

Teacher
2Cents
Message 2 of 4 (4,340 Views)

Re: Why does my printe say "used supply in use/:

Hi Jrook,

We will need more information to be able to assist you with your question.

What is the Product Number or your printer?

Have you changed the ink cartridges, or toner if it is a laser, recently?  If so, are they refills?.  There are chips that

have to be reset on refills, or the printer will not know that it the cartridge is new.  You may have to reset your printer, depending on the model/product.

If I have been helpful, a Kudo is always appreciated.

Honor Student
courtneypk
Message 3 of 4 (4,208 Views)

2Cents wrote:

Hi Jrook,

We will need more information to be able to assist you with your question.

What is the Product Number or your printer?

Have you changed the ink cartridges, or toner if it is a laser, recently?  If so, are they refills?.  There are chips that

have to be reset on refills, or the printer will not know that it the cartridge is new.  You may have to reset your printer, depending on the model/product.

2Cents,

It doesn't look like jrook answered you, but I  have the same question. I just posted it in the All in one printers forum. I have a LaserJet M1212nf MFP that has had the Yellow LED blinking for a while signaling that the printer was low on toner. Tonight the LED color just changed to Green and the status message came up on the printer, Used Supply in Use. I see the same message in the browser that connects to the printer. In addition, there are three event codes for the most recent print job: 99.106B, 10.3400 and then 10.3300. And now I can't print any more pages either (I just tried).

Student
Squawker
Message 4 of 4 (307 Views)

[ Edited ]

Pretty sure its to make sure you don't get good use out of your cartridges... basically this company trying to get 10 cents a print out of you

After 1100 prints, regardless of how much ink used, if you take it out (the genuine 85a) at this point and put it back in, say after a jam or you want to shake it, it tells you have a used cartridge, i have tested continually using this, and got 500 more prints, with an annoying nag that you cant stop from every page printed. you have to take it out because this printer is notorious for a section ink don't get too, even though there probably is over 50% of ink left in it.. you take it out and shake it and can print, hundreds and hundreds of more pages... but after the 1100 point mark, since the printer tracks statistics it goes into this "used mode" so averages of prints won't go up... im pretty sure its devious code... but what do i know.. i just wont be getting new HP printers.. they claim it can cause damage.... the heads are on the toner cartridge... if its damaged the cartridge is replaced and thats that... so their warnigs are smoke and mirrors..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation