Question

Honor Student
GloryDaze
Message 1 of 5 (383 Views)

I purchased an HP DVD600S external ultra slim moultiformat dvd/cd writer and am unable to watch videos using the dvd on my HP Envy Recline 23-k009c.

Afer plugging the external DVD player into a USB port on the All in One, I can view cd's that contain images, can play install CDs and DVDs, can play dvds that contain images and videos, but when I put in a DVD (e.g. the movie Titanic), nothing happens.

What can be done to resolve this problem?

Thanks.   Rob.

Master's Graduate
ibfrenchy
Message 2 of 5 (361 Views)

Re: dvd600s

This one is a tough answer...

Windows 8 does not come with a native DVD player anymore. So if your PC didn't come with a DVD player, and the Envy Recline doesn't, there will not be any DVD playing software on the PC, which means you will not be able to play DVDs without getting the appropriate software. The best thing to do is to go to the windows store, and search for DVD playing software. You can also do a google search and there are some free ones out there too.

Good luck

bill

I'm a HP employee
Honor Student
GloryDaze
Message 3 of 5 (340 Views)

Hey Bill,

Thanks for answering my query.  I did download some DVD playing software and am now able to watch DVDs using the DVD player and the All in One.  Issue resolved successfully.

You should work in HP's tech support department if you don't already because HP's teh support team were not able to resolve this issue.  First they told me that the specs they have 23-k009c All in One does not support the use of an external DVD player.  I asked them for a copy of these specs and they actually sent me some unrelated documention about how to update firmware.

Then they told me that they don't support the HP DVD 600s and that I have to call another number to talk to someone on the HP sales team who would sell the HP DVD 600s.  A week later, no one from HP has replied to my response to their email.

Oh well... I'm thankful that you were able to help.

Cheers,

Rob.

Student
wwrc
Message 4 of 5 (37 Views)

Can you give me any good drivers to download that are free? I have exact same problem...it says on box (Windows 8 Compatible)...they really need to remove that! It is NOT compatible if you don't have an actual driver! LOL

I have no idea how to do this and how to find a compatible driver! Help!

Master's Graduate
ibfrenchy
Message 5 of 5 (28 Views)

Just what I mentioned before - do a search in the Microsoft Store or a google search to find the best one for you.

bill

I'm a HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation