Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I got this brand new laptop not even three or four months ago and it came with HP Connected Photo and HP Connected Drive. How in the world do you create a shortcut icon for these two programs on the desktop screen? I've tried to find the folder that these applications are in and have had no luck whatsoever. Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the Operating system of your computer ? Normally, to creat shortcut you just right click then send to. For Windows 8 and 8.1, we also do similar thing but with icons.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The operating system that I have is Windows 8.1 . So how do you create desktop icons for box, HP Connected Drive and HP Connected Photo?

HP Recommended

Hi,

All icons are on the Desktop and you can move most of them around, group them together. You can pin most of them to Taskbar ... Now please hit Windows key Windows logo key   , you can see them all (also move to the right hand side). Please read the following instructions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/create-desktop-shortcuts-icons

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Okay I'm still back at square one. Where do you find on your PC the actual folder for HP Connected Drive, HP Connected Photo and Box? I can't find the file location in order to make the shortcut. All I get is a folder that will open the File Explorer on my desktop when I do create a shortcut and that is what I DO NOT WANT!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Probably you have to look at Files Explorer (od Windows Explorer). Pleae try: hold down Win key then press E. From there you can see all folders. All Programs should be in This PC, C, Program Files (x86) or Program Files.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I did that but there is no exact folder in HP named HP Connected Drive, HP Connected Photo, and Box. So where do you even go or do just to create a shortcut for these icons on your desktop? Because when I do click on these items whether it be on the start screen or try to move it off of the taskbar there is no option to do so. When you left click on it you get the option of opening the application itself or the option to remove it off the taskbar.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This is from my loan machine (HP Envy 17, with Windows 8.1):

short.png

As you can see: I can send to desktop (or create a short cut). Have you tried Press Win key and E

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I can't seem to find a file folder named HP Connected Photo, HP Connected Drive or Box. That is my dilemma. If I could find where the folder was at maybe I could find where the icon is to make a shortcut.

HP Recommended

Hi,

They are apps, many apps are not on your computer, they are some sort of links to the internet.  You can still Pin to the Taskbar and looks like it is the way for Windows 8.1:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/desktop-tutorial

Regards.

BH

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.