Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP mouse model X7500.  This is a 5 botton programmable mouse.  I downloaded the software called HP Mouse Suite 2.9.  For some reason it will not display icons properly and the meaning of the icons.   I am running Win 8.1.  The mouse itself works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the manual and the software package.  It took me a while.  It works fine - including the programmable buttons.

I still haven't found out whether it needs to be turned off.  I couldn't find that in the manual.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I just bought an X7500 mouse too.  Works fine as a basic mouse - but can't find the manual or software that shows how to program the 5 programmable buttons.  Does it need to be turned off after each use?

HP Recommended

I found the manual and the software package.  It took me a while.  It works fine - including the programmable buttons.

I still haven't found out whether it needs to be turned off.  I couldn't find that in the manual.

HP Recommended

Hey Jim - where did you find the software?  I am having trouble finding the software.

HP Recommended

go to hp support and search for "X7500 mouse driver"

download "sp63295.exe"

this should download the HP mouse suite 2.9.  Mine worked fine on my laptop using Windows 8.1.

I had to play around with it a while to understand all the possible options.

HP Recommended

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-122999-1 - the link

Thanks a lot man.

Cannot believe how difficult it was to find the driver.

HP Recommended
where did you find the manual
HP Recommended

under "Discover" in the control center - "User Guide"

HP Recommended

So I downloaded the software however on the front screen it states

"No device detected"

So any suggestions?  

I was thinking about deleting all drivers, minus the HP software.  And IDK see if it will somehow pick up?

HP Recommended

go to 'control panel'

click on 'device manager' and then 'bluetooth'.  There should be a list of your bluetooth devices.  If X7500 mouse doesn't show up

go to 'control panel' and then 'devices and printers'.  click on add a device.  Make sure your mouse is turned on.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.