Message 1 of 3 (251 Views)

hp prime - integration error

[ Edited ]

I have recently updated my hp prime with the newest firmware (build 5447). I use this calculator for my daily calculations of concrete cross-sections (moment, shearforce i.r.t. reinforcement etc.). Besides that, I was just playing around, when I discoverd something strange. If I try to solve this simple intergration (Normal/Cas-mode):

Int(x,dx) from 0 to 6:

it takes the calculator a long time to calculate and sometimes it completly freezes.

You can interupt the calculation by pressing 'On' and then (sometimes) it presents the value '18' (Cas) or 'Error: Invalid input' (Normal). The first value is of course correct.

Now, the strange thing about this problem is, is that if I am calculating:

Int(x,dx) from 1 to 6

Int(x,dx) from 0 to 5:

there is no lack or problem with the answer given.

Please HP, make this work. It looks like an real error in programming and I am not sure if this (or more) error effects other calculations.

With kind regards,

Bas van den Broek

Dycore BV - The Netherlands
PhD Student
Message 2 of 3 (167 Views)

Re: hp prime - integration error

Sorry for the dalayed reply, I didn't notice your message at first between the other posts.

However, I suggest you post you question on the following forum:

Note: I do not work for HP, I just like playing with calculators :-)
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (28 Views)

Re: hp prime - integration error

Hi Bas,

I have a similar problem. I just bought the calculator and I am in the process of learning how to use it. Most of what I tried seems to work. However, when I try to integrate indefinite integrals, the sytem assigns the value of 7 to x and all my results are wrong. Sometimes the calculator freezes, sometimes it comes back with the error message" replacing 7 by x a substitution variable should perhaps be purged. I will soon find out if HP's customer support is available. I'll try to call them on Monday. 

Otherwise I like what they've done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation