Question

Honor Student
caroline121
Message 1 of 1 (782 Views)

hp wireless mouse wt564a fha3510 not working

Something odd is going on with my wireless mouse.  I did install an update for my laptop (HP Pavilion dm4-1065x), last night from Microsoft (KB2718704).  Yesterday, it seemed like the battery was going dead (had to turn it off and on several times yesterday, every time it stopped working), so I replaced the battery, but today, when I turned on the computer, it will recognize the USB receiver, but when I tried to use it, the blue light under the trackball just blinks.  It will not move across the screen at all, I can't click on it, and it appears to be dead.

Does HP recommend a specific brand of battery?  I checked my driver for it, and it is the most recent one.

Short of redownloading the driver and replacing with a good quality brand of battery, is there anything else I can do?  I really need it to work as I can't afford to replace it for another month.

Thanks,

Carrie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation