Question

Student
dug_nichols
Message 1 of 6 (5,484 Views)

wireless mouses

[ Edited ]

Hello

Sorry to say I am no longer an HP or Compaq customer.  I did purchase one of your small wireless mouses (mice) and would like to report a fault with it.  The model number is: MORFB1UO...or P/N 430388-101, I hope - too smalll for my old eyes.  Anyways, the battery compartment is spring-loaded and pops open continuously - turning off the ouse everytime - this tends to be very frustrating.  Not to worry though - I have thrown it against the wall and the remaining pieces are now is in my trash.  You are more than welcome to re-route my email - or dump it - I really dont care.  I just wanted to let you know you have a poorly designed mouse on the market, you should re-think the design and maybe re-thinking customer service or marketing.  You are too distant from the customers and you will lose them.  Well - anyways - just a meager outsider with an opinion.

V/R

Doug

[title edited for clarity]

Message Edited by SandyD on 11-27-2009 02:50 PM
Top Student
KonstantinDo
Message 2 of 6 (5,027 Views)

Re: wireless mouses

The same here.

Mouse model: FHA-3410

Click and hold is recognized as repeating double-clicks in text editing programs:

Notepad (alternating selection of cursor position/word

MS Word 2007 (alternating highlighting of word/paragraph)

Quest Software TOAD (word/paragraph/icon for copy/paste)

If anybody out there from HP is reading this:

please create a patch for mouse driver.

I suspect this is a _common_ problem for any wireless mouse

Rgds,

Konstantin

Top Student
KonstantinDo
Message 3 of 6 (4,996 Views)

Update:

HP guys promptly mailed me a replacement mouse with Fedex Overnight; this is very nice but replacement mouse behaves absolutely the same way; this is not a common problem for wireless mouse, though: I purchased simple mouse from IEssentials and it works perfectly.

I sent to HP a screenshot (animated) of that issue and will be waiting for their feedback.

Honor Student
jaymanghat
Message 4 of 6 (4,787 Views)

I have an annoying problem with my new purchase.

Mouse model: FHA-3410

Click and hold is recognized as repeating double-clicks.  In Excel, cannot select a series of rows properly. In Notepad results in alternating selection/deselection of  word under the cursor

The MS wireless mouse I had, worked really well until it was dropped and broken by my son. I foolishly (in hindsight) went for this one and am regretting the decision :-(  Please stay away from this product.

Student
CYCLELA
Message 5 of 6 (2,273 Views)

WHY MY WIRELESS MOUSE MODEL-3410, BLUE COMES BUT GOES OFF.

Intern
Malgwin
Message 6 of 6 (2,116 Views)

I'm am afraid to say that your mouse is dead....

you will see on this thread that it has been ongoing for a year now and they have done nothing about it...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-HP-Consumer-Products-and/Holding-down-mouse-button-sends-repeated...

I have potted mine in resin to use as a paperweight and a a reminder to myself never to use HP products again..

Good luck with your purchase of an alternative mouse.

Paul.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation