Question

Honor Student
Krsnadasa
Message 1 of 3 (565 Views)

220 volt power supply

I travel to India once /year. I plugged in my laptop directly into 220 v power in India. I burned out the battery charger on a NON HP laptop. I am thinking of buying HP, since I had one before and was very satisfied. Will same thing happen to an Hp laptop or can I buy a power supply for my HP laptop that would work in India?

Tutor
fatmeow88
Message 2 of 3 (552 Views)

Re: 220 volt power supply

Most, if not all of the power supply you get in the US for HP laptop are dual voltage. Meaning they will work from 110 to 220 volts. However, you will need a plug adapter since it is not the same in India. As a personal experience, I recently travel to Europe and was able to use my HP laptop with the proper AC plug adapter. Hope this helps.

I work for HP.
PhD Student
rcspencer
Message 3 of 3 (551 Views)

Re: 220 volt power supply

Hi Krsnadasa,

Generally HP Power Supplies are rated for 110-230 Volt operation so they will work just fine, but you will need an adapter or a different cord to use for the plug, since the plug configuration is different.  I've taken my laptop internationally many times, including to India and have never had a problem.

R

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation