Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How many memory modules are there on the 2540p?

• According to Crucial, there are two. According to my System Information, I have 4Gb installed (3.80Gb usable).

• But when I take the cover off the back, I can only find a single 2Gb SODIM module and on You Tube, they only show one.

So how do I upgrade the memory to 8Gb, which is what the HP support site says the 2540p can take?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Second memory is hidden under the keyboard. First you need to remove the keyboard and then you will have to unscrew the screw which holds the memory shield. Lift the right edge of the memory shield and slide it to the right until the tabs on the left edge of the memory shield are free from their slots on the top cover and remove.
Now you will see the second memory module.

Note:

Remember to unplug the ac adaptor and the battery before you will follow this steps.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Second memory is hidden under the keyboard. First you need to remove the keyboard and then you will have to unscrew the screw which holds the memory shield. Lift the right edge of the memory shield and slide it to the right until the tabs on the left edge of the memory shield are free from their slots on the top cover and remove.

Note:

Remember to unplug the ac adaptor and the battery before you will follow this steps.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

How do I remove the keyboard?

HP Recommended

Can I upgrade with two 4GB PC3L RAM? Or Single 8gb DDR3 RAM, is it compatible?

HP Recommended

To those of you still looking - its a Good question I needed to find.

This is how I did it - found at pdf page 76 or picture on screen page 65 :

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c02664684-1.pdf

1.PNG

original.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

As shown on page 48 of the manual, posted here above, it states only 4096mb memory modules.

You would need to replace both if you want to get a total of 8GB of memory (not taking in account the reservation the amount for vga)

HP Recommended

Thanks Daniel. May i ask if 2540p can support up to 16GB of memory? Thanks.

@Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

Hi,

Note:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.