Question

Student
Nicole43119
Message 1 of 2 (1,987 Views)

A Spill keyboard not working

Hi,

I  need help. I spilled a tiny amount at most a teaspoon of liquid on my keyboard. I immediately turned it off. I wiped off the keyboard to prevent a lot from spilling into the keyboard. So in the morning (about 12hrs later) I turn it on. It says something about corrupted files and do I want to repair. I say yes. That doesn't work so it asks do I want to do a system restore. I say yes. that works. Now my computer is password protected and the keyboard doesn't work. I tried to leave it blank and press enter it just gives me my password hint. The mouse pad works.  The top of my laptop where the mute, wireless connected touch button, etc works fine. Just not the keyboard. I haven't tried to use it in about 10 hrs now. My boyfriend thought he purchased the warranty for falls and spills ( he knows me lol) but they are saying he just got the 3 year for manufactory repairs.

My question is since the laptop is still coming on it probably still works and all I need is a laptop keyboard right? I am going to try to get a usb keyboard to make sure everything is cool on the inside.

My second question is where can I find a how to remove the keyboard manual. I am not going to do it, but I know someone who works in IT and I am sure they can fix it. I have a 64bit 4gig d700 series. Just got it for Christmas so it is a fairly new laptop. Is there a site I can go to?

Thank you

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 2 (1,965 Views)

Re: A Spill keyboard not working

Use the button at top of this page "Support & Drivers" to find the Manuals for your model. You will need the info from Service Tag on bottom to input.Check for complete model number as shown in section 1 below,and use it.P/N in section 2 also will work.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation