Question

Grad Student
niloc
Message 1 of 13 (759 Views)
Accepted Solution

Annoying status dialogue box

[ Edited ]

1302iBC3B5E55C752FC17I have posted this problem before and got no help,this pops up every time I boot up and can only get rid by going to task manager and ending it, so I have done a screen print  of what I am referring to hoping some one can give me help, I have tried system restore but it is slill there

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 13 (746 Views)

Re: Annoying status dialogue box

Start with Disabling the items for Start up... I think some software in there is triggering this...

To disable Item from start up...

• Click the Windows "Start" button and type "msconfig" in the search text box. This opens the System Configuration console.
  • Click the "Startup" tab. This gives you a view of all the programs installed as startup options on your computer.
  • Uncheck or clear the check box of the applications no longer want to start during booth
  • Click "Apply" and close the configuration window. A popup window will ask if you want to reboot the computer. Click "Restart" to reboot the computer and save the changes.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Grad Student
niloc
Message 3 of 13 (722 Views)

Hi thanks for your response, I have done what you suggested and unticked 6 items that I either didnt want or didnt know what they were , rebooted but hasnt cured it, question ? there are a lot of tasks and they mostly relate to HP,Microsoft,and other things that I think I need  what will happen if I uncheck something I should notvvv.jpg 

Teacher
densyo12
Message 4 of 13 (709 Views)

can you print screen the system configuration start up and services tab so that we can check the list of start up programs and services.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 5 of 13 (699 Views)

You will need to uncheck all of them and that check if this msg goes way...post that we will need to check them back one-by-one to see, if it comes back...there is some application that has got corrupted...this is the only way to find that out...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Grad Student
niloc
Message 6 of 13 (682 Views)

startup1.jpgstartup2.jpghere we are

startup.jpg

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 7 of 13 (673 Views)

I see the list of software but there is no way to find out which one of them is triggering this...If you want me to do some guess work, i see you have printer software installed...start with taking all the HP software off 1st...

Teacher
densyo12
Message 8 of 13 (664 Views)

please uncheck these start up softwares: ad-aware, v stuff back up,google tool bar,quick search,adobe softwares,real player,Mcafee and symantec live update(seems that you have some security programs that can cause conflicts.
ad-aware??), napster,myweb search.

Grad Student
niloc
Message 9 of 13 (652 Views)

right I have unchecked all the boxes suggested without it curing the problem.  question,  what would be the implication of unchecking half of the list and then the other half to see if that cures it then I can half again and so on  until I find the culprit.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 10 of 13 (645 Views)

OK, so Status.msi is related to Printer Driver... you will need to uninstall all HP printer related software and reinstall the printer driver for this...

But to confirm that, if that is the case, you will need to uncheck all from the list, restart the unit and check back only the HP related on that list...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation