Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to update the drivers for my HP Pavilion G Series notebook but I'm not sure exactly what model I have.

When I go to drivers and downloads and enter my product number in the box, LR717PA#ABG, it comes up blank.

When I enter HP Pavilion G Series, I'm told more than 100 products contain that term.

It also says to choose from the categorised results which are HP Pavilion g6-1000 Notebook PC series, HP Pavilion g6-1100 Notebook PC series, HP Pavilion g6-1200 Notebook PC series, HP Pavilion g6-1300 Notebook PC series, HP Pavilion g6-2000 Notebook PC series, HP Pavilion g6-2100 Notebook PC series, HP Pavilion g6-2200 Notebook PC series, HP Pavilion g6-2300 Notebook PC series.

I've looked for a solution on the boards but haven't found one. Most solutions seem to involved locating your model number and using that but I already have that --  LR717PA#ABG -- and when I search downloads and drivers, as I said earlier, it's not recognised.

Is there somewhere on my notebook where I can find this information?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Following that link indicates my machine is a HP Pavilion g6-1029tx Notebook. If that's correct, brilliant, amazing. But do you mind if I ask how you arrived at that because if your answer's incorrect I'll be downloading the wrong drivers which could have  disastrous consequences for my laptop's stability.

Thanks for your reply.

HP Recommended

Its.

I found it with the number you provided.

LR717PA

REo

HP Recommended

This keeps coming up with a g6 model.  I have a g7.  How do I find the g7 series number?  I'm dying here with Windows 8.1 conflicts, can't get to a printer, internet keeps dropping, etc.  Need updates badly if they are available.

Found it.  It is inside the battery compartment.   I have a 2270us. However I do have the issues printing , etc. that I'm thinking are probably 8.1 issues.  HP says they haven't tested my product for compatibility and all my drivers would seem to be up to date (using Support Assistant.)  

I cannot install a printer even using a USB connection.  Thought I had a conflict with my old printer and bought a new one.  Install fails.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.