BATTERY SAYS 0% PLUGGED IN CHARGING (5603 Views)
Honor Student
xandimuffinx
Message 1 of 3 (5,603 Views)

BATTERY SAYS 0% PLUGGED IN CHARGING

I have an HP Pavillion dv5 1234 se. The white one with green and grey square designs on it. So today out of no where I realized right when I unplugged my computer from my AC adapter it just shut down. When I plugged it back in and rebooted it all of my saved website passwords were gone and the battery was empty even though it had been charging all day. Now the battery says "0% plugged in, charging" except it's not charging at all. If I move so the cord becomes detached then my computer just shuts off and it's beginning to annoy lol I've tried taking out the battery after shutting down and leaving it out for over and hour and then putting it back in and that didn't work. I tried going to Device Manager and uninstalling the one component and then scanning for changes, again nothing. It "charges" for about ten seconds then stops. I have already sent my computer in twice for other repairs and I've only had it for a year and would rather not send it in again and wait another two weeks, UGH. Does anyone have a solution besides the ones I've tried?

Andi

Student
Phila
Message 2 of 3 (5,586 Views)

Re: BATTERY SAYS 0% PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING (HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx)

The original Hard Drive that came with this laptop was dead so I have to get a new Hard Drive and installed Win7 (64bit).  It seem to work fine except one option related to Battery.  It is saying 0% available (Plugged in not charging).  I tried to uninstalled ACPI under the Batteries under Device Manager, it still did not work.  Any one out there can help please and thanks.

Student
TechChris
Message 3 of 3 (2,697 Views)

Re: BATTERY SAYS 0% PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING (HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx)

I am having the same issue with a DV7-1245DX

My research points to a motherboard issue but some have reported it to persist even after a board replaced.  My suggestion is to save some time and headache and get a new notebook.  I know it's not the greatest resolution, but it is the most economical one.  If you do come accross any solutions please post.

p.s. - I replaced my battery with a 3rd party one, replaced the power supply with a 3rd party one, replaced the power supply again with an official hp one and still nothing.  It's not worth further troubleshooting since I only paid about 400 USD for it.

- Chris

IT Technician

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation