BOOTMGR is Missing (2539 Views)
Student
karthik_scorpio
Message 1 of 3 (2,539 Views)

BOOTMGR is Missing

hey, i am using hp pavilion dv6 notebook. Now i am facing a problem during system start. It says 'bootmgr is missing press control, alt delete to restart. Can some one please guide me to solve this issue.
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 3 (2,475 Views)

Re: BOOTMGR is Missing

Perform a startup repair.

With the PC powered down, power it up and start tapping F8 when you see the HP bios logo, you should get a Windows Advanced Screen, then selet "Repair Your Computer" from the list and hit the enter key, Windows Recovery environment will load (takes a few minutes), once it loads select your keyboard layout and hit next, choose your user account and log on with a password if it has one (otherwise leave the password blank), select Startup Repair from the list.

Sometimes it takes more than one repair to get it booting again, so you may have to repeat this entire process more than once.

F8 repair-your-computer-windows-7.jpg

Student
biandvi
Message 3 of 3 (1,743 Views)

Re: BOOTMGR is Missing

I have the same problem...but nothing happens when I press f8.  Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation