Question

Student
barfbag5
Message 1 of 4 (749 Views)

Battery: Plugged in, not charging.

My computer is a HP pavilion dv6875se. Whenever I plug my computer in it says: plugged in, not charging. It won't charge batteries, not even a new one. The adapter cord is fine, the computer will run on it alone. The battery will power the computer, so it still works. I have updated the BIOS software. I ran the battery check, but it seems to think that even the new battery needs replaced. I tested my hard drive and it passed (went to F10 and ran diagnostic).I also tested the memory.  I tried taking the battery and cord out and then pressing the power button for 10 seconds, then replacing everything. Can anybody tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?

Teacher
amaresh
Message 2 of 4 (725 Views)

Re: Battery: Plugged in, not charging.

The problem is with the battery connectors which is on the motherboard. Send the laptop in for repair .

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 3 of 4 (719 Views)

Try this.

With the computer ON and ac power and battery plugged in...

1. Disconnect AC
2. Shutdown
3. Remove battery
4. Connect AC
5. Startup
6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).
7. Shutdown
8. Disconnect AC
9. Insert battery
10. Connect AC
11. Startup

Student
Panic1974
Message 4 of 4 (454 Views)

I am having the same problem with my presario cq-61. I followed your steps and it fixed the problem for a couple of days, then back to plugged in, not charging. Any further advice? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation