Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I actually just had the same problem but found out how to solve the issue.

Problem:

51% Available

Battery #1:  100%

Battery #2:  0% (plugged in, NOT charging)

2-Step Solution:

1. You must first Undock the tablet from the keyboard.

2. Unplug the the charge cable from the keyboard and plug it back in the same place.

A flashing red light should now appear instead of the white one.

After that, your status should finally say, 'plugged in, CHARGING'

You may now also dock your Tablet back on your Keyboard for regular use.

HP Recommended

I tried your solution, but my computer won't work without the battery.  Even when it is plugged in. Did I misunderstand your directions?

HP Recommended

bump

still no permanent solution?

HP Recommended

2 years later and still no solution? My Envy has been 'plugged in, not charging ' for months. getting old!!

HP Recommended

I should have been more specific, appologies...my solution is for an HP Split x2 which has the same issue

HP Recommended

bump - continuing issue for dm1z-4100

HP Recommended

Hi dm1zalex,

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to assist you!

I understand that your battery is not charging.  Here is a  link to Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge to assist you with this issue. 

For your convenience I am also providing a link to HP Pavilion dm1 Entertainment PC Maintenance and Service Guide, please note page 44 for battery replacement part numbers  and page 74 for system boards.

You could also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access you notebook to help locate and resolve issues, as well as arrange for repairs if necessary.

Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region HP Technical Support Sitemap.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

^^ johnny, your link made my virus detection go wild. i don't trust it.  got whatever your program is at a safe site?

HP Recommended

Hello, Sparkles1.

The battery is a new HP model.

I updated to the latest HP power management driver.

This problem only started right after my original warrany expired and HP support will not remote in to check it out.

I tried all of the steps in your links: testing battery, power supply, and board and all work as they are supposed.  I used the "Testing and Calibrating the battery using HP System Diagnostics" using ESC at startup and the battery passed.

The only thing that works to charge the brand new HP battery is turning off the laptop, uplugging the power supply, removing the battery, replacing the battery, and plugging the power supply in without starting the laptop.  The moment I restart the laptop, charging stops and the laptop continues to operate on power supply power with battery charged percentage at a standstill.

Once charged, the battery lasts a full duration while not plugged in; something like 6+ hrs.

HP Recommended

Good Morning dm1zalex,

I regret that you  are still having an issue.

To rule out software as an issue, I would do a full recovery back to factory. 

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7)

During the recovery process, you will receive a prompt to backup your personal files to prevent loss.  If you have not done one recently, I suggest you do one now.

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 7).

If that does not resolve the issue, then it must be the battery as you have ruled out software.

I know this can be a time consuming process,as you will need to reinstall your programs, but it is the next best step, just to help determined the cause.

Please let me know the outcome as I am here to help.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.