Question

Honor Student
sisterjules
Message 1 of 4 (972 Views)

Battery won't charge on Compaq Presario

I just received a compaq presario cq57 and the battery wont charge how do i fix this? I ran a battery check test and it said it encountered an error and to reinsert battery and  the AC adapter. I did this several times and received the error message each time. The battery indicator is marked with a red "x" and the laptop wont run without being plugged into the adaptor. I have tried shutting the laptop down and leaving it plugged into the charger overnite and it still refuses to charge. I am running windows 7 home premium and there have been no changes made. Also, updates are installed on a regular basis.

Student
scorpio2k2
Message 2 of 4 (968 Views)

Re: Battery won't charge on Compaq Presario

did you tried to remove your battery, remove cord , put battery back and cord back ?

sry for my english

Honor Student
sisterjules
Message 3 of 4 (964 Views)

Yes I tried that. I still received the same error message when running the battery check.

Honor Student
ashkaz09
Message 4 of 4 (411 Views)

you could try taking the battery out, and the RAM, (in other words do a RAM flash reset) and then put it all back together. it worked for me :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation