Best free anti-virus for Windows 7 (33482 Views)
Top Student
Danlb
Message 11 of 13 (3,464 Views)

Re: Best free anti-virus for Windows 7

AVG or possiblly trendmicro. Check online.

Tutor
johndogg
Message 12 of 13 (3,424 Views)

I would recommend avast! Antivirus over all others, as it seems to not slow the PC down so much.  It scans websites, etc, in real time too.  It has blocked many of a virus trying to knock on my PC's doors.  They have a free 32 and 64 bit edition that is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, and 7. 32 and 64 bit support. 

I would recommend avast! Antivirus over all others, as it seems to not slow the PC down so much.  It scans websites, etc, in real time too.  It has blocked many of a virus trying to knock on my PC's doors.  They have a free 32 and 64 bit edition that is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, and 7. 32 and 64 bit support. 

The code to avast! is compact, so it will have minimal impact on your system resources, and like I said, its constant scanning will not bog your PC down like most other, if not all anti-virus products have been known to do.  avast! is pretty user friendly as it comes.

Distinguished Professor
pepe999
Message 13 of 13 (3,413 Views)

gino_76ph wrote:

hi there
i have a brand-new HP DV-7 Windows 7 laptop and i wanted to ask what is the best FREE anti-virus software for my OS at the moment?
*one that doesn't use much memory or resources and is (could say) user-friendly as well.
any recommendations please...?
thanks.

I use linux so don't need an antivirus at all but like others suggested, my favorite one is also Microsoft SE. From commercial software (paid) I would recommend NOD32 from ESET. Unfortunately they don't have a free version like AVG, just a trial for 30 days. I wouldn't recommend AVG antivirus..

Dv6-7000 /Core i5-3210M/GF 650M/8GB/Intel Wireless-AC 7260/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Jessie

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation