Blank Screen on my HP G62 notebook (7241 Views)
Honor Student
axlecrew
Message 1 of 12 (7,241 Views)

Blank Screen on my HP G62 notebook

Please someone help me fix my problem with my HP G62 notebook, its been a week now i can't still open it. The power led is ON but no display, caps lock led continuously blinks, doesn't stop until i pressed power button in a matter of seconds.

Can someone help me please.. 

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 12 (7,236 Views)

Re: Blank Screen on my HP G62 notebook

Hi,

Try the following.

With the notebook shut down, remove the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the power button for a full minute.  Now plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out ) and see if the notebook will start.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
axlecrew
Message 3 of 12 (7,226 Views)

thanks for the info DP-K but still the same issue, nothing change..

im done doing all the troubleshoot about the capslock led blinking but not solve my problem..

N.B..:

Additional information on my issue is that i think when i use an AC Adapter that does not have the same specs with my original HP AC adapter because it doesn't work anymore. I tried to use a liteon AC adapter , i just cut and replace the cable and use my HP AC adapter cable because they don't have the same DC jack pin and the liteon adapter has only two output wires, that is Negative(black wire) and Positive(white wire) while my hp adapter has three wires, the same with the two black and white with liteon but there's a green one, i don't know if what it is, only i tried to distinguished the positive and negative wires then i continued to work with it. I then connect it to my hp G62 laptop and it has worked fine till the first week i used it and sometimes there's an error charging the battery but works fine when i don't attached the battery, and now it's not working anymore and even my whole system i think is damage by what I've done..

F.Y.I.

this is the specs of my hp AC adapter :

Input: 100-240V~1.7A 50-60Hz

Output: 18.5V === 3.5A

liteon:

Input: 100-240V~50-60Hz 1.5A(1,5A)

Output: 19V === 4.74A(4,74A)

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 12 (7,204 Views)

Hi,

I think the best suggestion I can make would be to get a local computer shop to have a look and get a diagnosis and estimate - that way atleast you can then decide whether it is financially worth the cost of repairing compared to the cost of a new notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Faith0416
Message 5 of 12 (1,550 Views)

Hi,

I am having somewhat the same issue. However, I bought a new battey, charged it over night. I can power up and see the open screen, when both the battery and power cord are attached to the notebook. I can remove the power cord and it wll stay open and I can use the computer. However, if I logout/logoff, then power it up with just the battery, I get the blank screen and the blinking caplock key. weird....please help

Honor Student
Faith0416
Message 6 of 12 (1,543 Views)

Hello,

I am having somewhat the same issue. However, I bought a new battey, charged it over night. I can power up and see the open screen, when both the battery and power cord are attached to the notebook. I can remove the power cord and it wll stay open and I can use the computer. However, if I logout/logoff, then power it up with just the battery, I get the blank screen and the blinking caplock key. weird....please help

fbutler

Honor Student
Capnden
Message 7 of 12 (1,353 Views)

I am having the same problem.  About half the time I start the computer I get a black screen.  If I remove and re-install the battery it starts fine.  I have tried restoring to a previous date, no change.  I updated the BIOS no change.  I re-installed the display driver, no change.  I recovered from a saved disc image, no change.  I have ordered a new battery but I have no confidence it will fix it.  When I attach an external monitor through the HMDI port I see the log in screen so windows is starting, it is the display that isn't turning on which I believe is happening in the BIOS as the HP screen is also not appearing.  I see many similar complaints on the net.  It is time HP stood up to the plate and provided a solution.

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 8 of 12 (1,327 Views)

Hey Capnden,

I understand you are having a blank screen on start up. If it was the battery causing this issue, the computer would run fine without the battery in it.

Have you tried running it without the battery in the computer?

You could follow this document on Bios which could fix the issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01368145&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en#N267

You could also try

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Capnden
Message 9 of 12 (1,323 Views)

I tried it without the battery and thought it was OK but after 4 or 5 starts it did the same thing.  I am now running on a new battery, so far it has started OK.  When it fails the keyboard LEDs are off except the WiFi button, no flashing caps lock which I assume indicates that it is not capturing a hardware failure.

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 10 of 12 (1,314 Views)

Hey  Capnden,

What happens when you try to run the Microsoft fix?

You could take a look at this document on Remove dust and lint by cleaning vents.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01657439

It also could be a BIOS update needed. Follow this document to show you how.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07110

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation