Question

Tutor
Atmac
Message 1 of 3 (2,194 Views)

Bluetooth issues connecting my phone to my HP Envy DV6 notebook

HI, I purchased my HP Envy DV6 notebook at the end of January and have had quite a few issues with it since then - one of which was having to restore my laptop to the way it was when I first bought it and that was only just over a month after I purchased it

My latest issue is that I now can not connect my mobile phone to my laptop using the bluetoothe settings. When I  show the devices that are connected to the laptop, my mobile shows, but it will not connect to it anymore. The last time I had it all working fine was before the reset of my notebook

Also when I go to open the Bluetooth settings the box does not open

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to get this working again?

Thank you

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 3 (2,162 Views)

Re: Bluetooth issues connecting my phone to my HP Envy DV6 notebook

Hi,

Make sure all windows updates are completed and then try reinstalling the bluetooth drivers from HP recovery manager..

This link will guide you to reinstall the drivers..

HP PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)

If it is intel bluetooth then try installing the Chipset drivers also from HP.com after entering the correct product number..

Support & Drivers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Tutor
Atmac
Message 3 of 3 (2,140 Views)

Re: Bluetooth issues connecting my phone to my HP Envy DV6 notebook

Hi there!

I have tried doing both of these suggestions and still the Bluetooth won't connect or recognise my phone or any other phone I have tried
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation